Kids' First Cruise- Rooms??

BeachClan4

Hi everyone! We are looking to bring the three kids with us on their first cruise. We are trying Royal Caribbean for the first time and would love some input from you about adjoining cabins, family suites, and more! The kids will be 13,12, and 8 at sailing. We are only considering balcony rooms or suites at this point on Royal Caribbean! Thank you:D

Hi everyone! We are looking to bring the three kids with us on their first cruise. We are trying Royal Caribbean for the first time and would love some input from you about adjoining cabins, family suites, and more! The kids will be 13,12, and 8 at sailing. We are only considering balcony rooms or suites at this point on Royal Caribbean! Thank you:D

Did you have a particular cabin type and cruise ship in mind? Royal Caribbean has many many types of cabins and they vary from ship to ship.

I would recommend a family cabin over a suite or 2 balcony rooms for your family of 5.

Thank you! The cruise would be on the Adventure of the Seas. Usually we have a balcony room. We did check into the very nice Presidential Suite but that is probably a bit overboard unless we had 14 people. It's also a little tricky to find the rates. I did a lido deck and two balcony staterooms for about $4750. This had me thinking might as well go for a suite if it is 'worth it'.

We travel with two kids and have found our best option to be two inside cabins (we do "boys cabin" and "girls cabin").

Even pre-kids we found that we never spent enough time in the cabin to need anything else. The first cruise we took we booked a mini-suite on Princess. Then tried a balcony. Then an outside. We are happy in an inside.

The price difference for our upcoming cruise was $300 more for the two cabins. For us, that is a small price to pay for the extra space and extra washroom. Some will argue that they could do a lot of fun stuff on the ship for $300...but our sanity is worth it!

I would do connecting cabins with 5 people. It will be nice to have some privacy and romance in my opinion. With three kids walking in unannounced day and night- that's impossible. There are two televisions and two bathrooms. The teens are going to sleep late if they are anything like mine. It will be nice to have two different zones- one for early birds and one for night owls.

I was in a suite on Royal and it was fantastic but there were two of us. Once you get five people in there- yikes! That wouldn't be good at all. Five swimsuits hanging everywhere. Five sets of shoes on the floor. All the other crap- it won't be a luxury suite anymore.

I would do connecting cabins with 5 people. It will be nice to have some privacy and romance in my opinion. With three kids walking in unannounced day and night- that's impossible. There are two televisions and two bathrooms. The teens are going to sleep late if they are anything like mine. It will be nice to have two different zones- one for early birds and one for night owls.

I was in a suite on Royal and it was fantastic but there were two of us. Once you get five people in there- yikes! That wouldn't be good at all. Five swimsuits hanging everywhere. Five sets of shoes on the floor. All the other crap- it won't be a luxury suite anymore.

I agree. We had a GS with our young son, so three people. It was plenty of room, but with 5 it would have been too crowded. The Royal Family Suites have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and look very spacious. Often you cannot book these online, so call for rates availability. On our last cruise, one came available, and it was between GS and OS in terms of cost.

We did a cruise with NCL last year and had two mini suites for me, hubby, and kids 9,9, and 10 (connecting room, we just kept the door open most of the time). This year we are doing Freedom of the Seas and are doing 2 rooms again (connecting). Just having that extra bathroom and completely separate space was wonderful! I can't imagine all 5 of us trying to use one bathroom to take showers and get ready after coming back on the ship after excursions and getting ready for dinner!

Have you heard about the interior connecting to a balcony? It is on the 9th deck aft (I think it is like a D1 & L categories) I remember my teens sleeping soundly in the interior room! The 2nd bathroom was a HUGE help too!