Getaway vs. Breakaway (for those who would need to fly to one)

HowardK

Hello, for those of you who went on the Breakway and did not have to fly, would you go on the Breakaway again or fly to Miami for the Getaway?

Although I loved being able to take a quick bus ride to NYC, I probably would want to do the Getaway for the different entertainment #1, and then the Eastern Caribbean ports.

What are your thoughts? Also, even though NYC is closer, leaving from Miami gives me that extra feel of "detachment" and being far away on vacation before getting on the ship.

On the flip slide, I find pier 88 easier to do, no on board luggage etc...

We drove to NYC for Breakaway last summer and will be flying to Miami for Getaway in a few weeks. The difference for us is warmer weather on the first and last days of the cruise and different ports. We also got a great deal on airfare ($250 per person round trip from Hartford to Miami). None of us were thrilled with Rock of Ages and are looking forward to Legally Blonde.

However, we would do Breakway again but probably the Bermuda itinerary as we have little interest in Nassau and would rather do an Orlando land vacation instead of a Port Canaveral port stop.

Did the Breakaway last year and will be doing the Getaway next month. Thought the itinerary for the Breakaway was awful - only did it to experience going out of NYC. There has to be a better route they could use for this ship!

I thought the itinerary for the Breakaway was wonderful. Bermuda is beyond beautiful, and is a far nicer location than any of the islands that the Getaway goes to. For me, the ports that the Getaway goes to are not unique at all. Plus, it's nice to be in one location for long enough to really explore.