Getting Visas on my own

arizonaartie

One of the items that must be submitted to the Host Country Counselate is a "letter of invitation".

If the cruise line gets the Visa for me, they provide this letter. How do I get this letter if I want to get my own visas.

arizonaartie

Not every country requires such a letter. For our 12/22 Asia cruise on Nautica, we need visas for Vietnam, Cambodia and China. None of these countries requires such a letter. The China visa can only be obtained at an embassy or by using a visa service, however.

We have got them in the past for a few countries..Brazil and India come to mind. We have never had this requirement, but have had to produce a copy of our cruise documentation. If you have lots of time it is not quite as critcial but you obvoiously have to be very cautious as the departure date approaches. Especially as you have to send your passport away.

Not every country requires such a letter. For our 12/22 Asia cruise on Nautica, we need visas for Vietnam, Cambodia and China. None of these countries requires such a letter. The China visa can only be obtained at an embassy or by using a visa service, however.

Thanks for the info. Do you get your own Visas or have Oceania do it for you? Incidently we winter in Sun City, AZ near PHX. We have a house at 99th Ave. and Thunderbird. Are you near their?

arizonaartie

We plan to get the visas for Vietnam and Cambodia directly. Because we don't live near a Chinese embassy, we will probably use Zierer for the Chinese visas.

We are located about 20 miles south of Tucson, and we stay here year round (except when we travel). Do you spend your summers in a location that is a bit cooler than Sun City?

We plan to get the visas for Vietnam and Cambodia directly. Because we don't live near a Chinese embassy, we will probably use Zierer for the Chinese visas.

We are located about 20 miles south of Tucson, and we stay here year round (except when we travel). Do you spend your summers in a location that is a bit cooler than Sun City?

We are in our 2nd home is Angels Camp, CA from May to Nov. Then is AZ from Dec to May. My brother lives in Green Valley, AZ.

Are you going to be on the Feb 20 Nautica Cruise?

arizonaartie

We are in our 2nd home is Angels Camp, CA from May to Nov. Then is AZ from Dec to May. My brother lives in Green Valley, AZ.

Are you going to be on the Feb 20 Nautica Cruise?

arizonaartie

We will be on the Dec 22 Singapore to HK cruise. We live in Sahuarita (just outside of Green Valley).

Archived