What day would you suggest going to the steakhouse on an 8 day on the Breeze?

ellenvana

We always go to the steakhouse on the first night for several reasons. One, you receive a free bottle of wine, and I know, I know it isn't the greatest wine. The second reason is the first night MDR menu is the least interesting to us. A third reason is usually the second day of the cruise is a sea day.

Hello~

I was wondering what day you thought the menu in the MDR is "this is the day to try the steakhouse" is?

We will be on the Breeze 8 day in March.. Thanks! :)

If you are basing your decision on the MDR menus then I think you need to check out those menus and decide for yourself, since everyone has different tastes.

I have only been on a 7 day cruise, but we usually go either night 3 or 4, as neither menu was super inspiring. I am not sure of the order of your menus on an 8 day though, so it could be different. What I can recommend is eating light during the day. Last cruise we went on a port day. We had a light room service breakfast before leaving and were out all day. I did not eat in port, because I was not very interested in anything at the place where our group stopped, which was more like an overpriced fast food place IMO. So we got back to the ship and I was starving and the buffet was already closed. So my options were guys burgers, pizza or room service. I opted to split a burger and fries with my 2 year old DD. Big mistake. At dinner, I had just finished my lobster bisque and started to feel satisfied. I picked at the salad and skipped the bread. Luckily for my entree, I ordered lobster, which is a little lighter than steak. I was not able to eat the mashed potatoes. As far as the dessert, I had the chocolate sampler so I had a little bite of each kind (I mean like tip of the spoon taste). No drinks for me that night. It really is a lot of food, even more than it sounds like on paper. The portions are huge. The mashed potatoes that came with my lobster were big mountains, like 2 cups of it. :eek:

well there are 2 formal nights on the 8 day , Sunday (2nd night and Friday, 7th night) So we booked 3rd night (monday night) since it was a sea day AND not conflicting with the formal nights :) Have gone to the steak house 3 X before on different ships and LOVED it, make sure you are hungry, huge !!!

Thank you very much for the replies and comments on what night to make a reservation at the steak house.. We decided on our day in Grand Turk since we are only there only 2. I hate to miss sail-aways~

I would of gone on the first night if we were wine drinkers..

Thank you! :)