Visitors on board

oldmovieguy

Not since 9/11. Heightened security etc.

I was once sent an invite to dine on a new ship in the (P&O fleet, sailing out of Southampton, UK)

I had to fill in a form providing my passport #, & was told to take my passport and picture ID.

Not friends of passengers no. Sometimes relatives of crew are allowed on with special permission also occasionally they have an open "day" event which includes a ships tour, lunch etc there's usually a long waiting list for these. For the last one on Eclipse in August 2013 the charge was £25pp

Edited by DebbieMacG

We recently as November 13 had our daughter and son in law for dinner aboard the Azamara Journey. I asked Miami prior to the trip but was told no, but asking at guest relations on board we were given an application form, supplied passport details, and bingo when we docked in Dubai they were waiting at the quay. it's worth asking. I might add a couple of other people had guests on board as well.

We recently as November 13 had our daughter and son in law for dinner aboard the Azamara Journey. I asked Miami prior to the trip but was told no, but asking at guest relations on board we were given an application form, supplied passport details, and bingo when we docked in Dubai they were waiting at the quay. it's worth asking. I might add a couple of other people had guests on board as well.

I asked on Celebrity Silhouette Oct 2012 and it was a no (before and during) maybe they have a different policy to Azamara? It's still worth asking though! :)