Celebrity Rookie Loved the Summit!

mmcruise

You have me just a bit worried here. We also have booked this excursion with Spencer and kind of concerned about the return time! How close was it? If I remember, they drop you off right at the ship pier, correct!

No worries - ours was a custom excursion and we probably just tried to squeeze too much in. We were picked up and dropped off right at the pier. Spencer and his crew are awesome - you will have a great time!

What a lovely review. Thanks for the great info.

I am vegetarian as well and would love to hear what your favs were.

Also the tip about the Gelato with the espresso, you say it was covered in the premium bev pack? Did you have to BUY the gelato and the espresso was covered or the entire thing? Interesting.

As far as veggie food, spinach and ricotta ravioli with a beet appetizer were great on the first night. The Indian dishes I had were vegetable korma and fried masala potatoes. Both totally yummy - spicy, which I like, but yummy. Toasted Israeli couscous cake was delicious. The spinach turnover appetizer was terrific. I also ate at Bistro on Five on our sea day ($5 charge) and had the Mexicano crepe - delicious.

The espresso drink with gelato was called Affogato - I just found the name. The scoop of gelato was included in the drink, so was included in the premium package.

There's a wonderful site that has all the Celebrity menus. Though they are not in the order we had them since it was a different itinerary, and they were on a longer cruise, so you will not see all of them, it will give you an idea. http://www.thepreismans.com/baltic_2013_menus.htm

(Thank you, Preismans!)

The Tpool has jets and minerals and is warm and wonderful and kid free. I love kids and I bring my 13 year old with us, but it is nice to have an adult only escape.

The teen X club is the best. My son loved the kids program on Celebrity more than any other line we have sailed with. The counselors really connect with the kids and the group is generally small enough to make all the kids feel welcome.

We sail again to Bermuda, out of NJ, May 25th and I can't wait

I would love to do the Bermuda itinerary. We went to Bermuda on our honeymoon almost 18 years ago and haven't been back since. It is so beautiful there. (Sigh). Now that I know the teen programs are good, maybe for our 20th? :)

I didn't make it into the Men's locker room :) - maybe someone else knows?

Yes, Men have same "dry sauna" with the big round window in the locker room.

S class ships also have a free "dry sauna" in the locker rooms, although no view to the sea on those.

We love the T Pool, salt water (no chlorine stench on your body) and it has the benches(not really benches...more of a metal tube shelf) with the bubbles...

Loved the review thanks! Just a quick question.

Did you do walk off with your luggage? We are sailing in March and we are thinking of getting an earlier flight. Any advice of first departures would be good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks, everybody, glad if I can help.

I did not walk off with luggage, though it is my preferred method. I was in Group 3 with the excursions and departed the ship at 745am. I believe that the walk-off group could depart at around 7 or 715am. The port was still pretty slow when I got off and a tip to a porter got my bags out and me through express customs line very fast.

Loved the review thanks! Just a quick question.

Did you do walk off with your luggage? We are sailing in March and we are thinking of getting an earlier flight. Any advice of first departures would be good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had an 11:27am flight out of SJU, & were given green 1 tags. We met in Rondevouz Lounge @ 7:30, got our luggage in the terminal, went through customs, took a cab, & were through airport security by 8:25am- 55 minutes from ship to departure gate. One good thing about an earlier flight out of SJU is that there're are virtually no crowds at the airport that early, & everything moves fast