Yukon Suspension Bridge

Dolphin3

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to take the White Pass Summit Railroad excursion (not through the cruise line) AND also do the Yukon Suspension Bridge? I want to do them both, however I do not want to do any salmon bakes or dinners as some of the tour operators offer. I just want the train ride and the opportunity to go to the suspension bridge. Thanks Everyone, I appreciate your input :)

You might think about renting a car in Skagway and driving up the Pass on your own instead of the train, then continue on past Fraser to the Suspension Bridge. Probably be cheaper and you will see the same sights as if you were on the train.

You might think about renting a car in Skagway and driving up the Pass on your own instead of the train, then continue on past Fraser to the Suspension Bridge. Probably be cheaper and you will see the same sights as if you were on the train.

To repeat what's been said here many, many times, you do not see the same sights on the highway. Of particular note, Slippery Rock, the tunnels, Deadhorse Gulch, and the historic Summit itself.

To repeat what's been said here many, many times, you do not see the same sights on the highway. Of particular note, Slippery Rock, the tunnels, Deadhorse Gulch, and the historic Summit itself.

Pardon my ignorance. I did do the train but I don't particularly remember a Slippery Rock, or Deadhorse Gulch. Yes there were tunnels. When we reached Fraser we were ushered off the train and onto the coach, so nothing spectacular at the historic Summit either.

I was mainly answering OP on how to include the Yukon Suspension Bridge.

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to take the White Pass Summit Railroad excursion

Yes; you can book it on the RR's website but I don't know if the narration is in ALL of the cars; we seemed to have special cars (for our ship) when we did it our first time up there.

IMO, the first time a person goes to Skagway the Train Ride is a must.

Also, IMO................that bridge is just a Tourist Trap unless bridges are foreign to where you live.

Yes; you can book it on the RR's website but I don't know if the narration is in ALL of the cars; we seemed to have special cars (for our ship) when we did it our first time up there.

None of the WP&YR's own excursions include the suspension bridge. All cars have speakers for the narration - only if you stand out on the platforms can you not hear it.