What's your favorite specialty restaurant on the Gem?

mrrobby

last time I was on the Gem we ate at all of them but Le Bistro. I was not a fan of Orchid Garden at all. Loved Cagney's, Teppanyaki, and Moderno. We did purchase the UDP for our trip coming up and look forward to all the restaurants, including Le Bistro but excluding Orchid Garden.

Hello Gem cruisers, Please let me know what you think about the specialty restaurants and your favorite. We are thinking about purchasing the UDP.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

All the best

Rob

Absolutely and positively Le Bistro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our favorite is Le Bistro. Food is subjective and also depends on what you choose. We also like the appetizers in Orchid Garden and make that our meal. The tiramisu is great in la Cuchina but that's the only great dish. Cagney's is good, too, but I don't remember what we had. Our kids and spouses loved Modernos.

I "bought" the UDP last October on the Gem...before they had it officially ;), lol. I booked restaurants for every night & loved my choice to do so! My favorite, by far, is LeBistro. 2nd favorite would be Moderno...followed by Teppanyaki.

Enjoy!

We also only eat at Specialty Restaurants for dinner, and did so for 9 nights on Gem last January. We love Le Bistro and Cagneys, and did those each at least twice. We also really enjoyed Moderno and La Cucina, so in my opinion, it would totally be worth it!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just off gem. Always enjoy Cagney's, but love teppenaki (add lobster onto dish-yummy), moderno's-after a few, the seasonings make all the meats taste the same. Good salad bar, but much better on breakaway.

That's all we did, as we enjoy the lobster tails the first night, and on this trip we found the MDR (magenta) very, very good and enjoyed a few dinners there

Safe sailings

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just off gem. Always enjoy Cagney's, but love teppenaki (add lobster onto dish-yummy), moderno's-after a few, the seasonings make all the meats taste the same. Good salad bar, but much better on breakaway.

That's all we did, as we enjoy the lobster tails the first night, and on this trip we found the MDR (magenta) very, very good and enjoyed a few dinners there

Safe sailings

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi! We also thought all the meat started tasting the same! They all had the same seasoning. I dont remember it being like that last year.:(

We loved the Osso Bucco in La Cucina

We loved the beef Filet, salmon, and the duck at Le Bistro

We loved the filet and the lamb chops at Cagneys. Disappointed in Orchid Garden. It seems its hit or miss from cruise to cruise. One cruise we ate there twice but the last 2 cruises the meals have been disappointing (my neighborhood takeout makes a tastier dish).

Edited by boopsahoy

I just booked it. It says limited availability so I figured just go ahead and do it. Really looking forward to it. 9 nights, it should be amazing. Now where do we go the first night. Good problem to have. Thanks again everyone who replied.

Happy cruising

Rob