Is There A Certain Time You Have To Eat Lunch?

lilmsonry

With certain times posted !

Breakfast in the dining room may be from 8:00 am -10:00 am and then 12:00 till 2pm for lunch and then they close it until the first seating for dinner...

There are also times for the buffet and the grills etc..

Don't worry you will not go hungry ! :)

Breakfast and lunch are open season, er seating. Generally you try to eat lunch sometime between breakfast and dinner. The times when the grazing begins are posted in the Capers.

Should you need an in between meal snack, the pizzeria is 24 hours. The soft serve ice cream is 24 hours. Rooms service is 24 hours.

If you try to eat right when the lunch buffet opens, you will probably be in a long line. I find a late breakfast (or none), a late lunch, and a late dinner work great for me.

Won't go hungry is an understatement.

If you really want to attempt to do it all - start working on breakfast between midnight and 1 a.m. at a late night or all night snack station. By 6 a.m. you can start looking for a contintental style breakfast nook for a quick bite before walking the decks to stir up a hunger so you have room in the tummy for a full course breakfast in the dining room.

Between the dining room for breakfast and dining room for lunch hours check out food offerings and snacks in even more nooks around the ship and don't forget to grab a quick burger and fries or slice of pizza in mid afternoon --

Then walk the decks some more while licking a double-scooped ice cream cone :)

Then jog around the ship twice before heading to your room to dress for dinner. (Unless you are on one of the cruise lines that offers late afternoon High Tea where you will find puff pastries and sweet treats from your wildest dreams all served up with gallons of tea in the dining room.)

Start waddling your way to the dining room for dinner. With luck you may pass a sushi bar on your way. :cool:

After consuming a five-course meal (can make it up to 10 courses or more if you order at least 2 of everything), ask your waiter if a forklift is available to hoist your body from the chair.

Take a few trips around the deck once again (tip for new cruisers, jogging is not recommended at this point) in order to fit in a late evening snack of pizza or tacos in time to be in line for the even later evening pool-side buffet or midnight gala buffet when offered.

Walk slowly, very slowly, back to your cabin and fit your body through the door for a few hours rest as the eating marathon begins again bright and early the next day.

To paraphrase a popular Food Network chef: ``Just remember, a 24-hour meal is only a cruise ship away.'' :D

Dianne

I could not believe the food mentality on our Glacier Bay cruise.

Noon, in the heart of the glaciers...everyone went to eat.

It's just programmed that noon is eating. Go at not noon and the lines are shorter. Even when cruising Glacier Bay when the main viewing was at noon.

If you really want to attempt to do it all - start working on breakfast between midnight and 1 a.m. at a late night or all night snack station. By 6 a.m. you can start looking for a contintental style breakfast nook for a quick bite before walking the decks to stir up a hunger so you have room in the tummy for a full course breakfast in the dining room.

Between the dining room for breakfast and dining room for lunch hours check out food offerings and snacks in even more nooks around the ship and don't forget to grab a quick burger and fries or slice of pizza in mid afternoon --

Then jog around the ship twice before heading to your room to dress for dinner. (Unless you are on one of the cruise lines that offers late afternoon High Tea where you will find puff pastries and sweet treats from your wildest dreams all served up with gallons of tea in the dining room.)

Start waddling your way to the dining room for dinner. With luck you may pass a sushi bar on your way. :cool:

After consuming a five-course meal (can make it up to 10 courses or more if you order at least 2 of everything), ask your waiter if a forklift is available to hoist your body from the chair.

Take a few trips around the deck once again (tip for new cruisers, jogging is not recommended at this point) in order to fit in a late evening snack of pizza or tacos in time to be in line for the even later evening pool-side buffet or midnight gala buffet when offered.

Walk slowly, very slowly, back to your cabin and fit your body through the door for a few hours rest as the eating marathon begins again bright and early the next day.

To paraphrase a popular Food Network chef: ``Just remember, a 24-hour meal is only a cruise ship away.'' :D

Dianne

ROTFLMBO!! :D Boy, I was in tears! :D

Last August I was on the Celebration and if you wanted to have lunch in the dining room it had to be at the same table as your evening meal and at the same time slot - if you had late evening seating you had to eat at the late lunch time.

The buffet lines seemed to always be long so I ususally just ate the pizza which was very good. I lost three pounds on that trip.

Janel - That's the way it was on the Holiday for a couple of my cruises, but not on the last two, nor on the Sensation.

I much prefer having my assigned table and time for b'fast, lunch, and dinner. It was so much nicer having 'my table' and 'my waiter' for all three meals. I wish they hadn't changed it. Some days for b'fast and lunch, I was the only one at the table. I liked that, and the waiter and I chatted more. I don't care for the open seating most have gone to now - they just guide you to the next available seat.:o

Thanks to all of you for the info....I love to eat!

Diane,

I was doing pretty good till you got to the part about the forklift and then my family was hollaring, what is so funny!! Tee hee, I like your sense of humor as well as other posters also!!!

Thanks everybody! I won't want to sleep cuz I might miss something!

Dianne

Your post reminds me of why I had to get a "Lap-band". A true fan of sport eating....

Archived