Help.....alaska cruise last week april

mwilliams206

I enjoy the cold but recommend that on top of layering, the most important articles are hats, scarf, and gloves. If you are fussy about your hair ear muffs work well too. Warm hand ears and head make a huge difference!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you have them, my recommendation would be a thin layer, a wool sweater or fleece, and a down jacket. Alternate jacket would be a rain jacket or poncho. I wore that combination every day, all day, at the same time of year as your cruise. For the flight, I squished the down jacket and the sweaters in compression bags from the dollar store (fold, insert, then sit on to compress). It was great being able to spend all day up on deck (didn't bother with our balcony), seeing all the beautiful scenery, and still being comfortable. Gloves, earmuffs or headband, warm socks and shoes/boots were important, too.

Even if it's 50 degrees, a moving ship makes it feel much colder. And you can always leave some of the layers in your cabin if not needed, but you can't send home for them if you didn't pack them.

Have a wonderful cruise! One of my favorites. Don't forget the sunglasses!

Have you thought about shoes/boots? We are going to Alaska in August and I've ordered waterproof boots because everything I read talks about rain.

I get cold very easily so I will be taking all sorts of layers, including silk undershirts, long underwear, long sleeves, fleece, down coat, hats, scarfs, gloves, wool socks, boots, long rain poncho, etc. Hopefully if I go with all of that it will be in the 70's.

Have a great trip! :)

Thank You....Looking so forward to this cruise....My husband says just bring it better to have it than not need it, than to need it & not have it LOL!!!!....They should do on the ship a ROLL CALL From members of Cruise Critic, So we can meet. Have a great day