10 year anniversary cruise next April

Bella8286

It will be our 10 year anniversay next April and we are looking at possibly cruising on the Oasis, Allure, or Quantum.

Part of me feels guilty as we generally cruise on Carnival with our kids and they have always wanted to cruise on one of these ships but it's never worked in the budget. For those of you who have done this, how did your kids react? It IS our 10 year anniversary and it would be nice to have hubby all to myself :rolleyes:

Also, which ship would you suggest? Having never sailed an Oasis class ship, should we wait on the Quantum? I'm not crazy about sailing out of Jersey or going to the Bahamas (can't swing the 12 night one) but the ship looks amazing! We live in SC and the drive to FL would be better as well as the itinerary for the Oasis or Allure.

Thoughts?

I vote for Oasis or Allure. Even though Quantum will be the newest ship, Oasis and Allure are fantastic ships and still have no comparison in the industry. Plus, I'd much rather go to the Caribbean then spend all that money on Quantum to go the Bahamas.

Edited by clarea

These ships are amazing. Even if you took the kids on this cruise, there is SOOO much for them to do, you'd still get your alone time. :rolleyes: cuz they will be busy exploring the ship. If you chose, one of these ships, Id go with the Eastern Route. I prefer the ports better over the Western. So - you cant go wrong with either one really !!

Edited by golfer1966

Wow I sincerely appreciate all of your feedback! We cruise to the Bahamas all the time so hopefully one day the Quantum will venture down this way.

Are the Oasis and Allure the exact same ship? The husband is stuck on Allure because it's newer? I thought they were the same.

Thanks ya'll!

It's hard to answer the part about your children without knowing their ages and how much attention they would really take away from your alone time.

When our son was growing up we took a few cruises with him and a few without him just to have complete alone time. He didn't seem to mind when he was left at home because he was spoiled by his Grandma during that time. Plus, we usually planned our alone cruises when he was in school and that gave a conveinent excuse not to take him. You should not feel guilty about wanting to have the alone time and the kids will most likely understand.

As far as the ship, based on your own explanation of itinerary, cost, cruise length, travel distance, etc I would do the Oasis or Allure. Both are great ships and while Quantum may be the newest at that time, if you haven't cruised on an Oasis class you will be very happy with the selection.

In fact, if the price, itinerary and port location were right you could even consider doing a Freedom class ship for your Anniversary trip while leaving the Oasis clas ship as a family cruise for your next one. The differences between the Freedom and Oasis class ships are minimal IMHO, at least for what I like to do on a cruise. Just something else to consider.

Go with Allure and Oasis. Living in the South too, I don't see a point to schlep up to NY to then cruise south to the Bahamas.

Oasis leaves Saturday and Allure on Sunday so pick your preference and go with it. Eastern and Western ports both have positives and negatives, but sailing on this class is all about the ship. It awesome!

Have fun!