Best Way To Recruit Others For Privates???

I have read the many reviews on these threads and have reserved several private tours for our 10/24/06 BOS cruise. I know it is VERY early but most of the better drivers book up fast. They all sent me confirmations with prices and "promises" so I can only hope most will honor these 15 months from now.

I also note that some roll call boards are very active while others are sparse....even as the actual sailing date approaches.

In addition to roll call posting for others to join your private tours, what other advice do you have? Is it hard/easy to recruit others once your ship has sailed? Any suggestions?

Marty

Hi Marty,

I will be leaving on a Greek Isle Cruise this Sept. I have also done several private tours for my ports. One is in Athens and I have already 14 people for a minibus that holds 16. Most of these people read about my tour on the roll call boards. I have another one all filled for three days in Turkey. for 12 people. ( With this tour I had to wire money into an account , first time I did that, but I believe sometimes it is requirred.) I am traveling with another twosome , so I always had 4 to begin with, as people get on your boards they jump at the chance that someone else has done all the leg work to do a private tour(less expensive than the boat's)

When I did a Southern Caribbean Cruise. I did not have all the people lined up for the private tour until we actually were about to go on the tour. People getting off the boat sometimes are thrilled to find that someone has a private tour and they can get on it for next to nothing. It all works out.

It pays to talk up your ports at dinner or at the pool or where ever. We had people champing at the bit to join my husband for a private fishing charter I had hired for Barbados, but it was all full. Sometimes the driver may be able to line someone up.

As you get closer to your tours and cruise, more people will join your boards.

Any other questions you can email me at NCouden@aol.com. Since I probably won't go back to this thread too often.

Norma

I agree with the above poster that hitting the rollcall board for your cruise as much as you can and keep at it until you get enough for your cruise. Also post in the port boards that the cruise is stopping in. I have also posted in the cruise line board.

I have also set up Yahoo group site for the cruise. Here is a link to the one I set up for our last cruise.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jewel-transatlantic-cruise/

Here you can also work at trying to find people for your shore excursions.

Have a great next cruise.

A more risky way is to not book your tours...then go off the ship and find the drivers and see if you can join a tour that isn't full. while I haven't done that, I have been on the other end where someone has come up and asked if we had room and if they could join us. Worked out great and reduced the cost for us all.

Archived