NCL Dawn balcony size

glm7777

We are cruising to Bermuda May 23 in cabin 10692 (toward the back of the ship almost below the spa). We have booked a balcony cabin and were wondering if we could ask to have the regular chairs exchanged for loungers? Will loungers fit in that balcony?

We are going through a travel agent and am starting to write down the things we would like him to arrange for us prior to our arrival on the ship. So far I have:

The loungers instead of chairs if possible

Empty the mini fridge - we are bringing water and soda

turn the queen bed into 2 twins

Any other tips/suggestions?

We are cruising to Bermuda May 23 in cabin 10692 (toward the back of the ship almost below the spa). We have booked a balcony cabin and were wondering if we could ask to have the regular chairs exchanged for loungers? Will loungers fit in that balcony?

We are going through a travel agent and am starting to write down the things we would like him to arrange for us prior to our arrival on the ship. So far I have:

The loungers instead of chairs if possible

Empty the mini fridge - we are bringing water and soda

turn the queen bed into 2 twins

Any other tips/suggestions?

The balcony might be large enough for a single lounger, but that would be all you could have out there. 2 regular chairs and a table are about all that would fit a standard balcony.

I was in the same sized balcony on the Norwegian Star Dec'13. There is not really room out there. ETA: as rpb said, physically there might be room for a single lounger snugged up longways against the far end from the door. I do not believe they have (very many?) extra loungers just hanging around waiting to be subbed into standard balcony cabins, though.

They probably don't arrange to have the mini-fridge emptied ahead of time (over a thousand rooms and they are getting them all ready in the space of a few hours from last tour's disembarkation). You can either empty it yourself (put everything OR everything out of the main compartment i.e. not off the door because your stuff is not going to fit on the door shelf anyway) onto the top shelf above the fridge, OR ask your steward to empty it when you meet him (or her). We did the latter because with a 14-day sailing we had 'stuff' on all the shelves!

The bed they may arrange as twins ahead of time or you can have steward do it while you are at dinner the first night, when they are doing the turn-down.

Edited by crystalspin

I'm not sure who your TA is going to arrange this with prior. I've never heard of things being able to be arrange ahead of time unless you were in a suite and working with the concierge desk. But I guess if your TA can, that's great.

Now for your questions.

I'm sure you could request loungers, unfortunately loungers will not fit on the balcony.

IMG_1359.jpg

You can request from your room steward to make up your bed in twins and remove the contents from the fridge.

I agree with the other posts concerning loungers on the balcony. The good thing is that the chairs do recline to several different levels. I was very happy to recline one of the chairs, put a towel on top of the little table and put my legs on that. It worked for us :) Looking forward to sailing our 3rd cruise on the Dawn on July 4th~

Oh I'm so glad the chairs recline! Was trying to figure out how to get my tan on sitting upright LOL!

The balconies have a roof on them (balcony over top). Therefore there are only certain times of the day you would be able to tan on your balcony. You have somewhat of a small window of time. Otherwise the roof blocks your tanning or the railing gives you funny tan lines. :)