balkony on ncl-star / cell-phone onboard-costs

ferrycruiser

hi!

we're sailing to mexican riviera on ncl star in feb. next year. do you know about the difference in balkony-staterooms cat. BD? i think there are balkonys with glass balustrades an some without (like our cabine in front of deck 8). what's the best choice - i think about view, wind etc.

i read a lot about cell-phone costs (my german mobile is a vodafone) - can you give me some more informations? do i always have to pay while staying on the ship, or do i have to change to a special provider?

thanks a lot and

ahoy,

• 3 weeks later...

When your ship is at sea... you will not be able to use your cellphone unless it is in sight of a cell tower on land. NCL does not offer cell service on board the ship. Therefore your costs are prescribed by your OWN provider and whatever roaming/international charges you may incur.

Can't help you on the cabin categories, but I can tell you it is a great ship and itinerary :) We enjoyed it very much.

I use cingular, and I just got my cell bill from the June/July cruise to Alaska....OUCH...It was $247.87. And in the description, it said call from cruise ship. Oh well...I just added it as a part of a wonderful vacation!

PS...I didn't even make that many calls...just a few to family to tell them what a wonderful time I was having...I think the longest call was 9 minutes.

As far as your cell phone rates and were it will work you need to check with your provider. I Know that NCL equiped the Sun with cell service as a trial with what is now Cingular. Someone posted that Sprint has picked that up.

Cabins I can help with. Almost all of the balcony cabins are exactly the same size. If you look at the picture I attached you can see the BD that are framed with steel.

The balcony is the same size just a little more protected.

starb.jpg.a11d0b4e297498fe7df189422bb8a4d5.jpg

Archived