Orient to Maho

notthatpaulyd

Sailing on NCL Getaway in May and will be at the Philipsburg, St Maarten port from 8a - 6p. I've read great things about Orient Beach, and plan on taking a cab there to spend most of the day, however I'm also quite interested in the "plane watching" at Maho. Is it easy to take a cab from port to Orient and then from Orient to Maho and then Maho back to port?

How long would I need to stay at Maho for?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by notthatpaulyd

Sailing on NCL Getaway in May and will be at the Philipsburg, St Maarten port from 8a - 6p. I've read great things about Orient Beach, and plan on taking a cab there to spend most of the day, however I'm also quite interested in the "plane watching" at Maho. Is it easy to take a cab from port to Orient and then from Orient to Maho and then Maho back to port?

Thanks for the help!

It should be fine. We had a hard time finding a cab that wanted to go from Maho to Orient in the afternoon, they said they wanted to be on the side of the island that Maho is on in the afternoon. so going from Orient to Maho would be better. The bigger planes come in the afternoon, or starting around 11 or noon. Plan on a few hours there and give yourself a lot of extra time to get back to the ship. Traffic from Maho to the ship can be awful.

Thanks for the help!

In May 11-2 should be the best time to view the big planes at Maho. Why not have a leisurely breakfast and head over to Maho around 9:30. Watch the panes to about 12:00 or 12:30 and you will be at Orient in less than 1 hours time and you could stay until as late as 4:30 from Orient and then take a taxi back to the ship.

The other plan would be to get up and off the ship at 8 and to Orient say 8:30 and stay until 11:30 and arrive at Maho by 12:30 and leave for the ship around 3:30.

I like the first plan better for your month and port times.

Would you mind elaborating?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Mullet bay is close to Maho beach (walkable if you are into a little exercise). You can do mullet bay first then Maho. Mahon isn't a great beach for swimming, although it is still fun to be in the water.

Search mullet bay on cc boards and you will find many hints and reviews.