Mailboxes on Carnival Sunshine?

Does anyone know if there are mailboxes outside the rooms? They had them on the Dream. We will be in the aft section on Deck 6.

Can't say for sure - because we have not sailed the Sunshine.

But we've never sailed on a ship that hasn't - and it certainly did when it was the Destiny! ;)

It depends upon the level. Some levels have mailboxes and some do not. Same with refrigerators and nightstands. We were on deck 12--had a refrigerator and nightstands but no mailbox. The lower decks (9 and below) all had mailboxes.

Wonder what the point if that is?? You'd think having - or not having - something like a mailbox would be ship wide. :/

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wonder what the point if that is?? You'd think having - or not having - something like a mailbox would be ship wide. :/

I agree. I don't think a mailbox is a perk for balcony or suite cabins. I had an inside cabin on Lido on the Sunshine.

i think all of the new cabins they added during the recent drydock has no mailboxes and all of the existing cabins there were before when the ship was the destiny still has the mailbox, frig and everything else

Does anyone know if there are mailboxes outside the rooms? They had them on the Dream. We will be in the aft section on Deck 6.

I'm just of the Sunshine 1/12-19. I participated in our roll calls door decorating contest and was one of the groups judges for the door decorating contest, so I wondered all the halls of rooms checking out the door décor. I can't say whether the area you are asking about has them or not. However, I do remember us commenting at one point that there seemed to be no real rhyme or reason to which rooms had the "mailboxes" by the door and which didn't.

My room was on 2 we chose to stay across the hall from our daughter's family and they wanted an ov. None of the rooms on our floor had a mailbox outside the door. However, as we went higher on the ship it did seem like more of the rooms had them.

........Can't see why they are needed. I would rather something pertaining to my s&s account or otherwise be slipped under the door anyway.

I agree, I can't understand the purpose of them either. Slide the paperwork under the door!

Some decks have them on Sunshine, but not all. I remember none on deck 1, but I did see them at the spa cabins forward of the Serenity area.

We had 3 cabins on deck 6 aft on Sunshine and I don't recall a mailbox. But I wasn't looking, it has 0.0 percent on my cruise so I may overlook something like that. My mailman was over 1000 miles away anyway so I'm not sure he'd make the delivery if I had one.

Yes to nightstand

No to fridge in most the Sunshine rooms and they aren't on deck 6 aft. But that's another item I go without. They are on the Dream and we never had it unlocked (had a minor in the room). I didn't need it and they aren't cold anyway.

Edited by fuddrules

I agree with the posters that said they would not want information from the ship placed in the mailboxes. I originally asked that question because I would like to be able to leave information for the group I am traveling with inside the mailbox. We have 14 rooms booked in the same section of the ship. It would be nice if we had a central location to leave information for our group. Since there doesn't seem to be mailboxes, I'll come up with another plan. Thanks for all of you that replied and answered my original question.