Upgrades after booking?

AnchoredInHope

Is it possible to receive current promotions after you've already booked? I was reading through some posts about other people getting on board credit or free upgrades after they've already booked. I feel like the obvious answer to this is "no", but this is the first time booking a cruise myself so I'm not sure how things work and was confused reading the other posts.

When we booked the Getaway, we did receive some onboard credit, which I am pretty happy with, but as this will be my honeymoon, it would be nice to get the upgrade they are currently offering.

Again, I feel like the answer to this is no, but things I've read on this board previously have confused me!

It is possible, but not definite. As the others said, go ahead and ask.

if you are referring to the recent "Dash Sale" I know they extended it and have said so on their site. Is that what you were referring to?

Also, you don't say if final payment has been made, just that the booking was made. Have you made final payment? If not, it is entirely possible to get the current promo....

Edited by artist47

It is possible, but not definite. As the others said, go ahead and ask.

if you are referring to the recent "Dash Sale" I know they extended it and have said so on their site. Is that what you were referring to?

Also, you don't say if final payment has been made, just that the booking was made. Have you made final payment? If not, it is entirely possible to get the current promo....

Yes, it is the dash sale I am referring to! And final payment has not yet been made.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I definitely will ask!

Yes, it is the dash sale I am referring to! And final payment has not yet been made.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I definitely will ask!

Okay, I am assuming you placed a deposit. Assuming that this cruise is AT LEAST 6 months out or more, call them up and tell them you would like them to apply the Dash sale promo to your booking. See what they say and go from there. If they balk, or say no, tell them you want to cancel and get your money back so you can book with xyz cruise line (competitor)...that usually gets them to see it from your pov. :)

Edited by artist47

We booked a four day cruise on the Sky embarking 2/10/14 back in June on NCL.com. All categories have remained steady in price for months. However, I saw discounts on their site today.

Despite having made final payment previously I called and asked about a potential upsell. We were previously booked in an obstructed ocean view but accepted the offer to a BC balcony for $50 pp. additional. I simply asked if they had any discounted offers on nicer rooms than we had booked.

My wife and I can't wait to shake off this snow and cold for the Bahamas.

We booked a four day cruise on the Sky embarking 2/10/14 back in June on NCL.com. All categories have remained steady in price for months. However, I saw discounts on their site today.

Despite having made final payment previously I called and asked about a potential upsell. We were previously booked in an obstructed ocean view but accepted the offer to a BC balcony for $50 pp. additional. I simply asked if they had any discounted offers on nicer rooms than we had booked.

My wife and I can't wait to shake off this snow and cold for the Bahamas.

Well done Moby !!!! Have a wonderful time...