I got to meet Gavin MacLeod (Capt. Stubbing)

Go-Bucks!

Very nice!

I ran in to him and his son while I was on a motorcycle trip up in South Dakota. The nice folks at the Crazy Horse monument slotted me in with a group that was going to the top of the monument. Until I got on the van, I didn't know who was in the group. He was very down to earth and just plain fun to talk to.

Here's a link to a picture from up there.

Love the picture! I also got a picture with him, so if I can figure out how to download it from my phone I'll post it.

Just had to tell fellow CCers what a kind and interesting man Gavin MacLeod is. I met and talked with him at a travel show yesterday. He first spoke to a group of people about his life, faith, career (McHale's Navy, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Love Boat, and stage acting) and his autobiography. He also took questions and shared about his faith in Jesus.

After the talk, he met people individually, signed autographs and posed for pictures. He is very down to earth and personable. He was telling me that many Hollywood celebrities are Christians and are in Bible studies like his. He also said that when he and his wife sail on Princess, he leads the Sunday church service. He then told me a bit about his family too.

What a great experience; can't wait to read his latest book. :D

Thanks for sharing this ! I'm old enough to remember all the shows referenced by other posters but Capt. Stubing was always my fav ! It's so refreshing to hear of Hollywood without the Hollywood ego attached.