Which would you pick? Dream, Breeze or Splendor?

rdevine10

Looking at cruises for my 40th birthday next year and I have narrowed it down to 3 (It will be me, my hubby and our 2 girls who will be 12 and 9). In all of our cruises so far the kids have not enjoyed the kids clubs so I am looking at ships which will have the most for them to do.

Splendor has the itinerary I have been wanted to do for several years. (San Juan, St Thomas, Grank Turk & Half Moon Cay). The ship also has the spa with thallo pool. Excursions for these ports is very cheap and the cruise itself is the lowest cost.

Breeze- 8 night but to ports that just dont get me that excited for some reason- San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua & Nassau. I love this ship for all it has to do: especially the ropes course, waterpark & thrill theater. This is the most expensive cruise (excursions probably wouldnt be too bad here)

Dream- out of New Orleans- I like the itenriary- Cozumel, Belize & Roatan (which we have been to all 3) but would love to go back to Cozumel & Roatan. Belize is an "ok" port. This cruise has the most expensive excursions (for what we want to do).Cruise is the cheapest of the 3 (before excursions) Ship has the waterpark.

Airfare is comparable to Miami & New Orleans from here so that is not a factor. Which would you choose and why?

Having been on the Dream and Breeze, I would pick the Breeze hand down, plus it is 8 days. I haven't been on the Splendor yet, but the Breeze has more bells and whistles, especially for kids. I agree that the Splendor itinerary is much better than Breeze (I hate Nassau)! Good luck in your decision!

I would book whichever trip has the ports that you most want to visit. I am learning that I prefer to book my sailing based on ports. Sure, you do spend a lot of time on the ship, but for me the trip is mostly about visiting ports I want to see.

I think the Breeze definitely has the MOST to offer the kids.:D:D:D Also, that itinerary is not bad, at all. We did St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau. Let me tell you, if you are beach people, Valley Church Beach in Antigua is one of the THE most beautiful beaches you will ever step foot on.

Keep us posted as to what you decide. Good luck!!!!

All of these ships are wonderful in my opinion and we had a great time on them all. That exotic eastern itinerary is one of our very favorites and I'm sure we'll do it again someday. The Breeze was a beauty but I wouldn't pay more to go on it with that itinerary.

I would do the Breeze, as it gives you an extra night. Also, when taking the price into account, do try to average it out per night to see if the Breeze is still more money for what you get. With respect to the kids, we have gone to Nassau a few times with my daughter and she loves Atlantis. The waterpark is great for kids and the man made rapids are always fun. The ship itself also has the most to do on those sea days.

Thanks &keep the replies coming! I looked at the cost per night and breeze is still the most expensive. Dream is cheapest (by far!).

We are not ready to book yet as I want to see how I like the freedom in April and see how I feel about the activities and it seems they only have early saver available to book right now and I'm not ready to commit to early saver yet!!!

Keep chiming in if you have an opinion. I know nassau isn't so bad but we have been there twice and are debating a Bahamas cruise in August currently. Iyts just getting a little more tired to me- I would prefer something new or a few excursions we have never tried. Guess time will tell :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Been on the Dream and Splendor....doing the Breeze for March 1st....That being said, the Splendor would be MY last choice ... I was just not a fan...

I was going to post the same thing about the Splendor...wasnt thrilled.

We'll be doing the Breeze for the 3rd time in June...our favorite ship so far and worth flying for.