Excited About My Upgrade!

LostFan#1

Anyone ever get an upgrade after booking a specific cabin, if so, did you take the upgrade or keep the cabin you had requested?

Doug

VERY rare-- and they have to contact your agent before you are moved.

(unless something happened to the cabin and its not usable)

I have to admit to not always believing all the upgrades or move over offers that I have read about on CC. Sometimes they seem to good to be true. Then this happened.

While doing a 4 day cruise on the Ruby over Christmas we booked a five day cruise on the Ruby, January 27 - February 1st, to take advantage of the free cruise offer. I truly believe that we were the last to book as the only cabin we could get was an inside, B744, category ID.

OK, never had an inside cabin before even though DW always pushed to try one as we could cruise a bit cheaper that way.

We just received a call from our TA and she said we had a move over offer. If we gave up our Inside Cabin on the January 27th Ruby Cruise, Princess would put us in a category B2 cabin, C324, Caribbe Deck on the February 1st Ruby sailing. In addition we would get 1/2 our cruise fare in OBC and still have the entire cruise fare eligible as credit toward our next cruise on Princess in 2014. Needless to say I told the TA to call them back and accept the offer before they changed their mind.

I don't understand why Princess would do this, or what was so important about our inside cabin that they would make an offer like this to get us out. In truth I don't really care, I consider that we are somehow blessed to get this offer even though DW will have to wait a bit longer to try out an inside cabin.

Smiling a lot on the Central Florida Ridge!

Dave

Dave,

Congrats on the great deal.

You are not on the rollcall......looking forward to seeing you on board, we got a nice upgrade for this one, from minisuite gty to a vista suite.

The meet and greet is Feb2 at 10 am in Skywalkers!!! Hope you join us!

Ginger

Anyone ever get an upgrade after booking a specific cabin, if so, did you take the upgrade or keep the cabin you had requested?

Doug

My daughter booked a specific mini suite for a Med cruise and had it marked "no upgrade" because she wanted a midship cabin. When she went to fill out the info on the cruise personalizer she found they had been "upgraded" to a full suite. Problem was it was an aft facing cabin and she really didn't want that location. She called Princess and they moved them to an available midship suite that was still available. Now they are really spoiled!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, we just signed on last evening and are excited to be getting away from our long cold snowy winter here in N.E. We live south of Boston, closer to RI border. I was going round and round w/ different cruise lines but really wanted to try a newer ship so booked the Royal. Looks like a lovely ship. We have been on several Princess ships before.

We booked a balcony cabin aft (E726) on Emerald deck (starboard) and I am now having 2nd thoughts about the location. We prefer aft cause it's always quieter back there but it is on Emerald and the theater and lounge are directly below. I am wondering about the noise factor..... There are still lots of balcony cabins to choose from so trying to determine if we should change to another deck. We will be the last cabin with owners' suite next to us on the back side.

We are driving down from MA to make it a longer than 1 week cruise. I still need to find a hotel near the port area and preferably one that might allow cruise parking. Otherwise, we will need to find a parking garage for our vehicle. Any suggestions from those who have been to FLL cruise port area welcome.

Looking forward to seeing everyone onboard.

Mary & Jack

we just got off the Royal in January..we had Cat D4 aft balcony's D729 and D731..the majority of the balcony's that I am aware of have been reduced in size to barely accommodate a table and two chairs (9' X 4') EXCEPT the aft balcony's on the Dolphin and I think the Aloha deck..I don't know why they are larger but they are (9' X 8')..twice as big as other aft balconies..and they are half covered..the only issue we had with our balcony was the soot from the ships engine stacks..it is really terrible..to the point that you need to place a small towel outside your door to wipe your feet off before going inside the cabin to keep soot off the rugs..the stewards have a really hard time dealing with this issue.

Mary and Jack

We parked at embassy suites and reserved and paid for parking thru united airport parking dot com - it was a third of the price than paying direct and included shuttle to and from port. The hotel looked very nice too. Look at the Florida departure forums too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Oy, excuse the auto correct ;)

Thanks Julie for info, I'll check it out!

Thanks Michael for the cabin info, I am not liking the soot issue, maybe I'll see if we can move forward. Looks like prices have gone up on Princess website! Have a great day.

I will check FL forums out as well.

Mary

Doug

We were upgraded twice before our cruise on April 6th. Once from the lowest balcony to a better balcony and then to a mini suite! Most suites are still available on our cruise in 22 days. Hoping for one last upgrade!!! It is our 20th anniversary :)

We're on the 4/5/14 Pacific Coastal cruise and this week I noticed there are many, many balconies still available. We had booked an inside stateroom originally. I called Princess and for an additional $80pp, we moved to one of the balconies on the Caribe deck. I'm thrilled! :)