Which tour guide?

kabookie7

Myself, 23 yo daughter and 20 yo son are coming to Belize on the Carnival Glory in July. I have been in contact with tour guides looking for a tour to the zoo (we are animal lovers), the rum factory, and a local lunch. I've heard from Capt. Nick Sanchez ($85pp), Jose Golib ($95 pp with lunch), and Nickoli from Exotic adventures (90 pp with lunch). All the emails are friendly, so I am looking to hear opinions from others. Has anyone had a tour with any of these guys? Any recommendations? Suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 11 months later...

Of course, I am too late to be of any help for you but maybe my experience will help someone else searching the forums....

We used Jose for a private excursion to the Howler Monkey Sanctuary and the zoo in Nov. It included lunch. It was a great day! Jose was a great guide and very personable. He not only told us about the animals but also about the history of his country as we traveled from place to place. I would not hesitate to book with him again.

• 2 weeks later...

We've done the tour of the Zoo last year with a local tour guide, he was very friendly and sociable and made sure that we had a good time. After the Zoo he gave us a tour of the city and took us to eat at a local Belizean Restaurant called Birds Isle. He gave me his card with email address wtg_792@hotmail.com.

You are usually more flexible dealing with someone local because they are not tied to any large companies and have their own personal vehicle which allow them not to rush. Wish you luck!

Mel