How Are the Beds on Serenade of the Seas?

swilli55

We're going on Serenade of the seas in March and wonder how the beds are? The last cruise we did on a Celebrity ship the beds were SO HARD! Even a mattress topper didn't help. I remember the beds on Oasis (Apr 2010) the beds seemed pretty comfy. Any Help out there?

The beds were fine in 2009 and that was a 15-night cruise, so if they'd been uncomfortable, I would have been unhappy. Maybe they've replaced them since then, but they were fine--not hard, not too soft--in 2009.

Edited by moposh

Just off Serenade on Saturday, had inside room, beds were ok, my only problem was my side of bed, remember there are 2 beds pushed together, my side you could hear the springs. But other than that bed was ok. Didn't like the pillows though. Linens where nice quality and soft. Inside rooms were spacious, larger than on Explorer of the Seas and more closet space. Flat screen tv's. Just keep sink drain closed and lid to toilet closed and you shouldn't have any smell issues. They don't have correct sink drain configuration to keep smells from coming back. Keeping drain closed works. Also no shower curtains have the plastic tub shower doors. The ship is beautiful. Go to the Park Cafe in Solarium upon arrival to eat. They do not have free style coke machines on board, so I wouldn't suggest getting soda package. Had I known this, I wouldn't have pre-booked the package. You have to go to bars for refills and selection is limited.

Just off Serenade on Saturday, had inside room, beds were ok, my only problem was my side of bed, remember there are 2 beds pushed together, my side you could hear the springs. But other than that bed was ok. Didn't like the pillows though. Linens where nice quality and soft. Inside rooms were spacious, larger than on Explorer of the Seas and more closet space. Flat screen tv's. Just keep sink drain closed and lid to toilet closed and you shouldn't have any smell issues. They don't have correct sink drain configuration to keep smells from coming back. Keeping drain closed works. Also no shower curtains have the plastic tub shower doors. The ship is beautiful. Go to the Park Cafe in Solarium upon arrival to eat. They do not have free style coke machines on board, so I wouldn't suggest getting soda package. Had I known this, I wouldn't have pre-booked the package. You have to go to bars for refills and selection is limited.

Thanks for the info. would love to hear a full review in a new thread if you have time, photos, copy of the daily papers. Western Caribbean out of New Orleans?

Thanks for all this info.

Also just off the ship. Beds are fine. We didn't have any smells from toilet or sink drains. We had an inside on the 8th floor. Jan. 2013 we sailed the Med. had a balcony on the 10th floor. Bed also good and no smells from drains. Four pillows on the bed. Two more firm than the other two.

We had late dining in the main dining room. Always liked to go see what was being offered in the Windjammer for dinner. They always have extras like a crepe bar, make your own bowl of stir fry then cooked for you, they had crawfish/jambalaya, fish and chips, etc. Hard to not eat 4 meals a day.