Table for 2.

I used to have an email address to request a table for 2 - going on Explorer in April. 5th time on Explorer and cannot locate the email. Does anyone have this info?

Don't have the email but you could always just call and get it set up.

I used to have an email address to request a table for 2 - going on Explorer in April. 5th time on Explorer and cannot locate the email. Does anyone have this info?

Will you be using the Traditional, or MTD? I ask this question because we have never asked for a table for 2 using Traditional Dining.

Will you be using the Traditional, or MTD? I ask this question because we have never asked for a table for 2 using Traditional Dining.

Is this because you are normally automatically allocated a table for 2 or because you don't mind not getting a table for 2 for traditional dining?

Many thanks for your help, Roce48! :)

On our recent Oasis cruise I requested a table for two when booking but when we arrived in the MDR (traditional dining) we were seated at a table for 10. We had no problem switching to a table for two. One of the pluses of sitting at a table for two is that those tables are served first (at least on the Oasis and Allure).

Is this because you are normally automatically allocated a table for 2 or because you don't mind not getting a table for 2 for traditional dining?

Many thanks for your help, Roce48! :)

We have not been on Royal for the past few years, but with other cruise lines when using Traditional Dining we were asked if we would like to sit at different size tables. We would steer away from a table for 4 because you may not jive with them. We usually like to sit at a table for 6-8, that way there is usually someone in the group that you want to sit next to.

We find that if we want to sit by ourselves at a table for two, that it is better to use the MTD. On our last Royal cruise we found that the tables for two seemed grouped together. Even then we found that we, along with other couples seemed to converse. We like unreserved MTD so that we can show up when we are ready to eat. With MTD you can aked to be seated with others if you feel like socializing.

We have made some nice short term friends using the Traditional Dining even though we were nervous at first about having to meet new people worrying that we did not get along. Please enjoy your cruise!!

We sail on Saturday.:)

Edited by Roce48

Do keep in mind that a two-person table isn't really like a two person table on land; that is, it's not really private. You're only separated from the next table by perhaps 6-8". The waiter literally couldn't walk between two tables. What I'm getting at is, Don't expect privacy.