Anyone scuba in Antigua, st. Kitts or St. Croix, martinique or st. Lucia?

gumdrop44

Going on this cruise and deciding where to go diving? Any suggestions? We already have dove in St. thomas :confused:

15-Mar San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

16-Mar Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

17-Mar St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

18-Mar St. John's, Antigua 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

19-Mar Fort De France, Martinique 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

20-Mar Castries, St. Lucia 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

21-Mar Cruising Cruising

22-Mar San Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00 AM

St. Lucia is wonderful for diving. Superman's Flight at The Pitons is fantastic. I tried all the scuba operators in Martinique and never received an answer. I ended up doing a ship's snorkeling excursion.

Edited by Laurie S.

St. Lucia is wonderful for diving. Superman's Flight at The Pitons is fantastic. I tried all the scuba operators in Martinique and never received an answer. I ended up doing a ship's snorkeling excursion.

Yes the Superman's flight dive site is great. To see the pitons, you need to take a boat. But many boats don't want to go that far south, so you'd need to request the boat to.

For Antigua, you'll need to go to south side of the island (1/2 hr shuttle/taxi ride) for the good diving. So it's best you get a few people to go together. We had 6 people for our trip so we did a dive/snorkel combo trip, then island tour (with the same van taxi) for the rest of the day. It was great.

We used Indigo Divers in Antigua when we were there last April and loved them. Great communication before we got there, paid beforehand (which made it very convenient once we got there). We got a cab to get to their location, but they actually emailed us before the cruise to let us know another couple on our cruise had booked dives with them, too, and we were able to meet up with them and share a cab. Super easy to get a cab, there were tons of them when we got off the ship.

I used Dive St Kitts a few years ago. Had a great dive but I only made it on one of two because the water was very rough that day and I got sea sick during the surface interval. The operator was super nice about it and only charged me for one dive. The only downside was there were a lot of divers and snorkelers at the site. It must have been popular.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app