Freedom - Aft Extended Balcony

Kshecruiser0524

We booked a cruise on the Freedom for next January. We are in room 7453 which is an Aft Extended Balcony. I have only been on one other cruise and it was over ten years ago so I don't have much experience. I choose this room because I thought the view would be pretty and I liked the extended balcony idea. Does anyone have any experience with this room on the Freedom or with these types of rooms? I would love to hear what people think. Thanks!

We booked a cruise on the Freedom for next January. We are in room 7453 which is an Aft Extended Balcony. I have only been on one other cruise and it was over ten years ago so I don't have much experience. I choose this room because I thought the view would be pretty and I liked the extended balcony idea. Does anyone have any experience with this room on the Freedom or with these types of rooms? I would love to hear what people think. Thanks!

Found this on you tube hope the link work's . not sure if freedom and conquest are the same class ?

enjoy your cruise ;)

Edited by Rounder

I sailed Feb. 2013 on Freedom and stayed in cabin 6454. I loved this cabin! Aft facing balconies are my favorite!!:D

Debbie

Edited by baracegirl

Get another cabin, immediately!!!! There are giant spiders, man eating seagulls and terrible neighbors in those cabins. ;) :)

Once you have changed rooms, please post so I can grab your aft balcony.

I love aft balconies. They usually have a larger balcony and the view is the best on the ship. The cabin is basically the same as any other Carnival, balcony cabin but the aft balcony is enjoyable.

Some of my fondest cruise memories are sitting on the balcony, in the evening, with my wife and a cocktail and just enjoying the sunset and the view of the wake. It's mesmerizing.

Enjoy,

Mike

I don’t like aft view balconies for the following reasons; soot, lack of privacy, extremely warm, no shade, no breeze, you can’t see where your going, and occasional garbage on the deck. I would consider an aft wrap, but not a straight aft view one.

Just my opinion, but I think they're overrated.

Edited by LostPuppy

Our first aft extended was on the Freedom to the Panama Canal..we were in 7442..we loved it so much that we booked the same exact cabin to the Panama Canal 11 months later..In October we will again be in an aft ext cabin on the Freedom except this time we are in 7446 :p..I can't wait...it's been too long since our last aft ext but we got a good price for this cruise and cabin so back to the aft we go..:D You will LOVE it..

We have had 10 aft extended balconies on Conquest class ships. Usually on deck 11. We love them. I always hear people complain about soot, but I have never seen any soot on our balconies. The view there is terrific.

You do not have as much privacy as the side balconies, but that part doesn't bother me. We have had many visits with people in adjoining balconies and always enjoy talking to them.

You will love the balcony. I think level 7 is the best, quietest.

Claudia

Hello AndrewD & MEOWSMURPHY. Thank you for great info. Was the area surrounding the cabins quiet?

Yes extremely quite..We did have considerate neighbors so no door slamming and being as it is the end of the corridor,r so to speak, there iwas very little traffic and people talking outside your cabin door at night.

Hello AndrewD & MEOWSMURPHY. Thank you for great info. Was the area surrounding the cabins quiet?

Yes very quiet. I just recieved a call from Carnival's upgrade program yesterday 4 days to sailing and they offered me an AFT extended balcony cabin for $400.00 on the freedom this week. I took it with no Questions. So I will make sure to take pictures I got cabin 7447..

We had an aft balcony on the Freedom in March of 2012. Great room, very comfortable, slept like babies! My only problem was the aft balcony was too hot to sit out on during the day. As was mentioned--no shade and the heat actually made the cabin warm during the day. My sister had a cabin around the corner on the starboard side and we sat there during the day. We chose a starboard balcony on the Triumph this March.

Yes very quiet. I just recieved a call from Carnival's upgrade program yesterday 4 days to sailing and they offered me an AFT extended balcony cabin for $400.00 on the freedom this week. I took it with no Questions. So I will make sure to take pictures I got cabin 7447..

Cant wait for your pics!

I just changed my Lido balcony to an aft balcony on our Freedom cruise for this June. I will be in 7451 like another reply. You will enjoy it. Deck 7 is the best choice. On deck 8 you can get noise from chairs being dragged around on the Lido deck above you and on Deck 6 you are right above the Comedy lounge. So deck 7 is the best choice.

I just cruised on the Carnival Pride and had an aft extended balcony. I did not like it at all. I did not like see the swirling of the water from the propellers when cruising (was not calming at all) and there was a lot of vibration the last two days sailing back to port and the cover over the balcony was very short not allowing us to sit outside in a light rain and the balcony got too hot to sit outside one time because of the short cover and lack of shade. I won't do an aft extended again.

• 1 month later...

Wife and I were in 7442 back in March 2013, it's the last aft view ext balcony right next to one of the aft-wrap balcony rooms. We loved it. It was on Freedom, and we did not feel it gave us any problems. Not really any trash from above, so soot that I can recall, room stayed a comfortable temperature for us. Our neighbors in the aft-wrap were part of a much larger party though, and it was apparent all of their co-cruisers enjoyed hanging out on the aft-wrap next to us. People were always coming and going, some were loud, door mostly always slammed shut both in the hall and balcony door. They weren't rude, and didn't really bother us, just some notes on if you (or anyone reading this) has a room with an aft-wrap right next to it. Wife and I actually have an aft-wrap booked on Freedom February 2015, for our 10yr anniversary. Booked it without hesitation. Would have preferred deck 7, but since our son is coming with us, deck 7 rooms have a max occupancy of 2, whilst deck 6 rooms are 3.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any difference in balcony size among just these aft balconies? I saw something (can't recall if it was a deck plan - or another post) indicating the first cabin on either end next to the wraparound were larger... May have been another class of ship. I'm specifically interested in the Freedom. Anyone?

From my understanding, on the Verandah deck (deck 8) the two end aft extended are larger than the comparable lower decks or the middle rooms. My fiance and I are booked for our honeymoon in 8450, it is one of these larger decked rooms. 8457 is the other larger one on the starboard side. If you google Carnival Freedom 8450 someone on cruise critic has posted pictures of it.