Past Practice for receiving C&A loyalty points on delayed or shortened sailings

Does anyone have experience with having been on an RCCL cruise that was shortened either by the ship's leaving a day or two later than scheduled or returning earlier than scheduled? I asked a C&A representative about this yesterday when the possibility of a delayed-embarkation date was first mentioned regarding the 1/31/14 EOS. She said she had no idea what RCCL has done in the past.

Our Allure cruise in August 2012 morphed from a 7 night cruise to a 5 night cruise due to Port Everglades closing down for 2 days during Hurricane Isaac. (And the Allure cruise prior to ours went from a 7 nighter to a 9 nighter.)

We still got 7 points for the cruise, even though we only had 5 nights aboard. (I assume the folks on the previous cruise also got 7 points.)

Judy

Our Allure cruise in August 2012 morphed from a 7 night cruise to a 5 night cruise due to Port Everglades closing down for 2 days during Hurricane Isaac. (And the Allure cruise prior to ours went from a 7 nighter to a 9 nighter.)

We still got 7 points for the cruise, even though we only had 5 nights aboard. (I assume the folks on the previous cruise also got 7 points.)

Judy

Thanks so much for your reply. I hope if my sailing this Friday aboard the EOS is shortened that the same way they handled it for you will apply to me as well!

Thanks so much for your reply. I hope if my sailing this Friday aboard the EOS is shortened that the same way they handled it for you will apply to me as well!

I'm sure the points will remain the same. But what you don't know yet is how they will compensate you for a shortened cruise (if that happens.) RC was quite generous in our situation with the hurricane cruise. They put us up for 2 nights in an Embassy Suites (we paid nothing), reimbursed up to $100pp per day for food (who could eat that much? breakfast came with the room!), reimbursed incidental expenses, gave us a $650 refundable OBC, and also gave us a certificate for 10% of what we had paid for our balcony off a future cruise (ours was about $250.)

I think in the end, we came out about $200 or so ahead with all that.:o Still hated to lose 2 nights on Allure, though!

Judy

We were on the GOS fire last May 2013 & they actually gave us double points for our shortened cruise. We were also given a FC for 100% of what we paid plus a full refund.

thanks for the info. It looks like my cruise this Friday on the EOS will be leaving on time and likely be the cleanest ship in the fleet given the early return to Bayonne and the CDC supervised cleaning.