Sheraton vs Hilton for Day Pass

CruisinRoxy

We will be on Allure in April. I have read much about the beach day passes at these 2 resorts. I understand the Hilton is within walking distance and very nice. The con being its proximity to sight of the cruise ships and an industrial view? Is that right? Is the Sheraton better in terms of a "tropical feel". And if so, how far of a cab or jitney ride is it? Our time in port is limited - like only til 2 pm. So do not want to spend a lot of time travelling. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on Allure in April. I have read much about the beach day passes at these 2 resorts. I understand the Hilton is within walking distance and very nice. The con being its proximity to sight of the cruise ships and an industrial view? Is that right? Is the Sheraton better in terms of a "tropical feel". And if so, how far of a cab or jitney ride is it? Our time in port is limited - like only til 2 pm. So do not want to spend a lot of time travelling. Thanks!

\\

Besides the distance from the port (melia being 5 miles and hilton downtown), the main difference is that the Hilton is a small, quiet business hotel, mainly for relaxing and chilling out, and the Melia (sheraton) is a full RESORT, with 3 pools, large beach and plenty of activities.

Both have a tropical feel.

Hilton has more personal "service".. as it has poolside and beach service, but it's not for those who need to be active.

I'd go Sheraton now the Melia - is get passes next door at the Wyndham they are $20 pp only for the day - bus is 1.25 per person so easy to use and pretty fun :). It takes maybe 15 or so mins to get there but they don't leave until the bus is full only downfall. We did this last Thursday was so worth it - for the $20 bucks a piece you get access to both the Sheraton and Wyndham resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by jwlnroe

Can someone let me know where you get the bus to the Sheraton from the cruise terminal, and do you stay in the "safe" tourist ara the whole time? We'll have our 3 & 6 year olds in tow.

I've stayed a few hotels in Nassau in the past, and always felt safe, but haven't been there in a couple years and all the negative posts are getting me a little paranoid!

Also, we did a day pass at the Hilton last time we came in on a ship, but since the kids are older now thought the sheraton/melia might be more fun, wondering if there is sand/water toys included like at the Hilton?

Edited by questionsfromme

Can someone let me know where you get the bus to the Sheraton from the cruise terminal, and do you stay in the "safe" tourist ara the whole time? We'll have our 3 & 6 year olds in tow.

I've stayed a few hotels in Nassau in the past, and always felt safe, but haven't been there in a couple years and all the negative posts are getting me a little paranoid!

Also, we did a day pass at the Hilton last time we came in on a ship, but since the kids are older now thought the sheraton/melia might be more fun, wondering if there is sand/water toys included like at the Hilton?

To get to the jitney stop, when you come out of the port gate, go straight ahead 1 block to Bay Street. Make a right and walk approx. 3 short blocks (just past the new straw market). George Street is on the left. Board the bus on the corner of Bay and George. There will be plenty of people around to show you the way.

Can't comment on sand toys for the kids. Haven't heard that there were any, but i could be wrong.