Changing a booking - adding a person to a cabin

BrendaJ

My husband and I want to book a Med cruise for next fall as soon as the 2005 itineraries are out, to ensure we get the cabin we want. If we later want to add a third person to the cabin, will we have to give up the cabin we had booked and make a new booking, or should we easily be able to add a third person?

Brenda

My experience was that they want to reprice the cruise at the current price which is not usually to your advantage. This was not on X but another line. I do find that they all pretty much do the same on these matters.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

If the cabin you orignally book will accomodate three people you should have no problem keeping it. The pricing situation will depend on the policy in place at the time you add the person.

Sue

sueclark@aol.com

Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05

Make sure the cabin you book initially has room for a 3rd person.

You night want to book the 3rd person at time of initial deposit,if the rate is good. Otherwise,if the 3rd person rate goes up,that is the rate you will pay later.

Had a similar situation recently. Booked the Millie for oue family of 4. Turns out the kids are not off school Iare considering going just the two if us instead. TA advised me to keep the booking for 4 because the 3rd and 4th rate are unusually low. I can cancel the 3rd and 4th prior to final patment. But if I cancel now and then change my mind later,rate will probabaly be higher to add the 3rd and 4th.

The ship can only accomodate so many pax per sailing. Even if the ship is at full capacity (number of pax) if does not mean that every bed is taken. There are more 3/4 berths than the number required to make up a full sailing.

Brenda,

As was said above, I would book for three and cancel later. I tried to add another to a RCL cruise last year and would have had to essentially rebook my room at current rates to add the extra person.

Yes, that happened to us a few years back. Even though the cabin would accomodate 3 people, they will only "allow" so many third berths to be occupied, and when we had a third who finally made up their mind to come, it was too late. We were told the total occupancy of the ship had been met, and our third berth could not be sold.

Archived