Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

mumachaz

I've booked with Quicksilver Tours and Transportation but I'm not sure if I've made the right choice. Has anyone had experience with this company, good, bad or indifferent? We're arriving the night before the cruise, planning on staying at the Country Inn & Suites at Cape Canaveral and then staying one night after the cruise at the Raddison Oceanfront in Melbourne before heading back to the airport.

I'm worrying myself sick that something will go wrong with the transportation so your comments and/or suggestions would be very welcomed.

Thanks!

I have no experience with this group, but online reviews are not too favorable. A great person to contact is Terry's VIP Transpotation, we have used him in the past and will be using him again very soon. Local guy with great personal service. Has a Town Car and Suburban.

Cruisinpips

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

You could rent a car at the airport and drop it off near the port. There are a couple companies with offices near the port. I have used Budget a couple times and never had a problem with them. They have a shuttle to and from the port. Their office is about a ten minute shuttle ride away. I have found renting a car to be cheaper and allows me to pick up stuff for the ship and to sight see.

After reading this thread I realized I never read the reviews for the car company we booked to take us to the cruise. Luckily, now that I've looked them up, I know that they have a great reputation, with no BBB complaints.

It's called Ace Luxury Transportation, in case you want another recommendation.

If you dont mind a shuttle service try these guys. http://www.cbshuttle.com/

I used them last Sept. Everything went great. No issues at all. I would use them again.

Now here is a car service. I called them. Very nice but to expensive for me. They get good reviews on CC. http://www.executiveviplimousine.com/ Hope this helps.

We have used both Quicksilver and Happy Limo in the past. QS is ok. One time they forgot the carseats that we requested for our (then) 2 and 4 yo. They were late another time (but that happens with any car service).

I have used Happy Limo for our last 5 or so cruises and they have been very good.

I have a question about the car rental option. My husband and I have always driven to Florida for our cruises, so I'm unfamiliar with anything other than just parking at a hotel for the week.

If we rent a car at the airport the day before the cruise and drop it at the location closest to the Port, I understand there is a shuttle. Will the shuttle take all 6 of us to the Port? In terms of pick up from the Port afterwards, do you set up a time before hand or call once you're through customs?

Thanks!

I have a question about the car rental option. My husband and I have always driven to Florida for our cruises, so I'm unfamiliar with anything other than just parking at a hotel for the week.

If we rent a car at the airport the day before the cruise and drop it at the location closest to the Port, I understand there is a shuttle. Will the shuttle take all 6 of us to the Port? In terms of pick up from the Port afterwards, do you set up a time before hand or call once you're through customs?

Thanks!

You have lots of options with this. The car companies are in CAPE Canaveral and Cocoa Beach (if you google PORT Canaveral, you'll get nothing!). Budget, Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, and Thrifty are all within a few miles of the port. Budget and Hertz are closest at about 1 1/2 miles. We've used several companies. I tend to like Budget, but reality is the differences are small. Budget does run 2 shuttles on cruise days...that and the shorter distance = less transit time.

We do a "one way" rental. Rent at MCO, Drop off at Cape Canaveral location. On the way to turn in the car, you can drop the luggage and/or passengers at the cruise terminal or just take everyone to the car rental location. If you at least drop the luggage, you'll save one time of moving it (car to porter vs. car to rental shuttle to porter). Also consider that you family can get in line to check in and the driver can join them on return from the car rental shuttle. HOWEVER, it is your choice. The car rental shuttle will happily take 6 of you + luggage if you wish. You can just drop the luggage at the port and then keep the family together.

On the way home, there is a marked location for each shuttle to pick up guests. You go to that slot and wait for the next shuttle. They do a continuous loop.

Thoughts--there is almost always room for a single passenger with no luggage; there may not be room for 6 people + luggage. Again, the driver can take the shuttle to the car rental place, get the car, and return to pick up the family. OR the driver can take the first shuttle that has room for him/her and keep in touch by cell phone with the family to determine whether they should wait at the terminal or shuttle to the car rental location.

Yes, it takes a few minutes. But it can save a lot of money. We have paid from $29 (yeah, a special) to $93 for a mini van. Interestingly, these were on the same cruise. Add a bit for gas and tolls. These amounts included all taxes, etc. I don't care how the rental company divides the money ($20 rental + $25 drop off charge is the same to me as $45 rental). Since DCL transfers for 6 would be over $200, you can see the savings.

Look for rental discount coupons at rentalcodes.com. This can often save you at least 50%. Make a reservation, but keep looking--if you see something better, you can adjust your reservation to the better deal!

It is easier than it sounds.

Another option to consider (if flying in the night before) is a hotel with a transportation package. My personal favorite is the Hyatt Place NW, but the Hampton MCO and Wyndham also offer these packages. You get hotel, breakfast, and round trip transportation to the cruise as well as their shuttle to/from MCO. We paid $121 for the night/transportation. Obviously, with 6 you would be looking at 2 rooms, and I've seen prices have gone up....but still a great deal.

Hi there all

We are traveling on the Freedom in October 2014 - our second trip aboard her. Last trip we used Roberts Transportation and paid $39 pp round trip MCO to Port and Port to MCO. The ride out to Cape Canaveral was nice, only a few others in the van with us. The ride back to the airport was a horror show... the van was over stuffed and we had to place some luggage on our laps - due to the people who always bring too much uggg... My legs were asleep and numb not even half way back to the airport! We are trying to find a better way. Roberts is still quoting $39 pp round trip. Looking for current information.

Thanks

Shanny and Scott H

Hi there

Called our hotel and they recommended Cocoa Beach Shuttle. The shuttle wont quote unless you tell them how many people, ok... thats fine. They have private shuttles as well so you are not squished like a fish.... 6 people private van... $168 + 20% tip one way... thats $34 pp one way NOT BAD! Roberts Transportation is $39 round trip but the risk is over crowding.

Hi

Did you find the shuttle service packed people into the Van?

We had that last trip and it was misery

Thanks in advance

Shanny

If you dont mind a shuttle service try these guys. http://www.cbshuttle.com/

I used them last Sept. Everything went great. No issues at all. I would use them again.

Now here is a car service. I called them. Very nice but to expensive for me. They get good reviews on CC. http://www.executiveviplimousine.com/ Hope this helps.

There are lots of great shuttle services that will provide a private van/towncar/limo (as appropriate to your choice and party size) in the range of $250 round trip. FL Tours, Happy Limo, Southern Elegance, Tiffany Limo, etc. are on the list. Check out their web sites. Be sure to note whether price includes tip or not and print out your confirmation. You don't want to be standing there arguing with the driver who is trying to extort you for another tip when the fine print says "tip included!" Yeah, that's a story......

After viewing all of your comments and suggestions I have cancelled the QuickSilver Transportation Company. We have decided to do the rental car option, which for us will be a savings of nearly $150.00. As we are arriving in Florida on Friday we were able to secure a full-size rental car for $80.00; the same car is costing us $120.00 at the end of the cruise, because it's a weekend rental, but we are pleased with our decision.

We found a lovely hotel in Melbourne that we'll be staying in the Saturday after the cruise and then traveling to Orlando on Sunday before departing. For us the rental car option will allow us the flexibility to explore Melbourne if our hotel room isn't ready at 10am (which we're sure it won't be) and we can leave on our time and not have the worry of being on the transportation companies schedule.

Again, I thank you all for your suggestions. We are over the moon with excitement and anticipation for our Fantasy cruise that beings in 22 days!

I've booked with Quicksilver Tours and Transportation but I'm not sure if I've made the right choice. Has anyone had experience with this company, good, bad or indifferent? We're arriving the night before the cruise, planning on staying at the Country Inn & Suites at Cape Canaveral and then staying one night after the cruise at the Raddison Oceanfront in Melbourne before heading back to the airport.

I'm worrying myself sick that something will go wrong with the transportation so your comments and/or suggestions would be very welcomed.

Thanks!

We have Booked Mears Transportation recommended by our TA

For the Fantasy sailing July 26th Round Trip Hotel to Ship and ship to MCO there will be 7 of us

Hi All,

Newbie here. Taking our first "ever" cruise in October 2014. I have been researching ways of getting to/from Orlando Airport. We are flying in the day before the cruise, most likely staying at the Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach.

My question is, if we rent a car and drop off at the Cape Canaveral location (Budget Rental), do they have shuttles that take you to specific hotels? If not, are there taxis available?

The other option I was thinking is to rent a limo/car service to pick-up at Orlando and drop off at the hotel. Then pick up at the port and drop off at the airport on our return.

Trying to get ducks and money in order.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Kim

Another option to consider (if flying in the night before) is a hotel with a transportation package. My personal favorite is the Hyatt Place NW' date=' but the Hampton MCO and Wyndham also offer these packages. You get hotel, breakfast, and round trip transportation to the cruise as well as their shuttle to/from MCO. We paid $121 for the night/transportation. Obviously, with 6 you would be looking at 2 rooms, and I've seen prices have gone up....but still a great deal.[/quote']

Are all these hotels 45mins-1hr from the port? Would I need to bring a car seat for my 4 yr old with these packages? I love the Magical Express when we go to WDW b/c we can just hop on and off the bus. Also, do all of these hotel shuttles typically not run til 11am-12pm on embarkation day? Getting to the port after 1pm makes me anxious, I like to arrive as early as I can.

Are all these hotels 45mins-1hr from the port? Would I need to bring a car seat for my 4 yr old with these packages? I love the Magical Express when we go to WDW b/c we can just hop on and off the bus. Also, do all of these hotel shuttles typically not run til 11am-12pm on embarkation day? Getting to the port after 1pm makes me anxious, I like to arrive as early as I can.

The Hyatt Place deal was "be in the lobby ready to go at 10:30." Since everyone showed up on time, we loaded and left--got to port before 11:30. It was a bus that didn't take car seats (similar to what you have with DCL transfers.) The Wyndham was more expensive and far less organized. I have no personal experience with the Hampton Inn. I would guess that each of these has only one departure in the morning. Yes, all the hotels are in the MCO area, meaning 45 minutes from the port.

You can do DCL transfers for $70 per person round trip/$35 one way. It works just like Magical Express except that it isn't free. The first bus departs MCO about 9:30.

Hi All,

Newbie here. Taking our first "ever" cruise in October 2014. I have been researching ways of getting to/from Orlando Airport. We are flying in the day before the cruise, most likely staying at the Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach.

My question is, if we rent a car and drop off at the Cape Canaveral location (Budget Rental), do they have shuttles that take you to specific hotels? If not, are there taxis available?

The other option I was thinking is to rent a limo/car service to pick-up at Orlando and drop off at the hotel. Then pick up at the port and drop off at the airport on our return.

Trying to get ducks and money in order.

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Kim

I do not think the Budget shuttles will take you to hotels. You can still rent the car at the airport but keep it until the next day. Usually the price of the car rental is for a full day anyway so even if you drop it off the next morning, you will pay the same price as dropping it off the day of the rental. This will also allow you to explore the area a little the day you fly in.

As for when you get off the cruise, the Budget shuttle picks you up at the port, takes you right to their office, and you grab your rental car and go to the airport

You pay for a 24 hour rental, not a calendar day. SO...if your flight gets in at noon, it is easy to keep the car till the following morning. In the morning, decide whether to drop the family and luggage at the terminal and then return the car or just take everyone to the car return location and shuttle all to the terminal.

The budget place will take you to a hotel on the main drag IF it is not a cruise morning and their shuttle driver is available. On cruise mornings, they do cruise pick up/drop off only and usually run 2 shuttles. But then you have to pay for a shuttle back to the terminal in the morning if you don't have a hotel that provides this.

Yes, a limo/towncar service works just fine...but again, you need a way to get to port in the morning, and this is generally a more costly option (although easier!).

If you rent with Budget, sign up with their loyalty program on line. This allows you to go directly to the key pick up location (bypassing the long line in the airport). Seriously, this can save hours. I've read that some people still had to do the airport line for their first rental; this was not our situation.