Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

mumachaz

Just want to clarify from what I have read here the hotels listed will pick you up at the airport & get you to the cruise port in the morning the next day, is this correct? What happens when you get back to the port if you are going to the airport & not spending the night at the hotel? I assume that the hotel will not transport you at all, do you just arrange a rental car or shuttle for that trip? Thanks for all the great tips on here!

Just want to clarify from what I have read here the hotels listed will pick you up at the airport & get you to the cruise port in the morning the next day, is this correct? What happens when you get back to the port if you are going to the airport & not spending the night at the hotel? I assume that the hotel will not transport you at all, do you just arrange a rental car or shuttle for that trip? Thanks for all the great tips on here!

NOT correct. The packages usually include round trip transportation--they take you from the hotel to the cruise terminal the day of the cruise. They pick you up at the cruise terminal and transport you to either MCO or the hotel after the cruise.

Depending on the hotel, they either make a stop at MCO and then at the hotel or they go to the hotel and then those who want to go to MCO take the hotel's complimentary shuttle there. Most go directly to MCO. DO be aware that if you are going to WDW, you can take the hotel transportation to MCO (already paid for in your package) and then hop on Magical Express (no charge) to get to WDW. Yes, that is a bit more hassle than just buying DCL transportation to WDW, but it also CAN be just as fast. We've had good and bad experiences with DCL transport to WDW. The worst took more than 3 hours to get us to our hotel! Driver was an idiot (IMHO)

The downside to the hotel's transportation on the way home is that they make only one pick up. They tell you what time you have to be at the shuttle pick up spot, ready to go. Our most recent experience was 8:45 (they wanted to be loaded and on the road by 9 in order to go to MCO and back to the hotel on time to pick up the new cruisers).

Of course you are welcome to use another form of transportation on the way back, but you've already paid for the hotel's transport.

• 10 months later...

Now here is a car service. I called them. Very nice but to expensive for me. They get good reviews on CC. http://www.executiveviplimousine.com/ Hope this helps.

I'll add a vote for this service. Don't be put off by their unsophisticated website. We were in contact with them the morning we got back to port, and got to the airport in plenty of time for our flight.

• 1 month later...

If we stayed at AOA before our cruise for one night, we could take the magic express from MCO to the resort and then rent a car or get a car service to take us to the port correct? (I think Disney transport would get us to the port later than I'd prefer)....on the way home, from the port to MCO...what are some good options??

If we stayed at AOA before our cruise for one night, we could take the magic express from MCO to the resort and then rent a car or get a car service to take us to the port correct? (I think Disney transport would get us to the port later than I'd prefer)....on the way home, from the port to MCO...what are some good options??

Yes, ME will take you to Art of Animation. Unless you are getting in early enough to enjoy some Disney time, it is the wrong direction to the port and more costly than places near the airport. If we are arriving early in the day, we will often choose a Disney hotel. If we are arriving at 5 pm, we get an airport area hotel.

If you stay at AOA, you can rent a car from one of the Disney World outlets--Budget is at the Doubletree by Downtown Disney, someone (I think Avis) is at the Swan/Dolphin complex and drive yourself to the port. You can take DCL transfers to the port from any hotel owned and operated by Disney. Or you can arrange a private limo/towncar service.

You have exactly the same options after the cruise to get to MCO. IF you are on a participating airline on a domestic flight, and using DCL transportation there is the option of on board check in. This is lovely. You get your boarding passes and luggage tags in your cabin. Pack your bags, apply luggage tags, and place the bags outside your cabin. You will next see them at your HOME airport. Great service. You can ride the DCL bus to MCO even if not doing on board check in, rent a car, or get a towncar service. Your choice.

Most of the hotels in the airport area offer complimentary service from the airport to the hotel and back. So you can take their shuttle to their hotel free if you are staying in the airport area. In the morning you can have the towncar service pick you up at the hotel and take you to the cruise terminal or you can take the shuttle back to MCO and take the DCL bus from there. OR you can rent a car at MCO and use it for the 24 hour period and drive yourself to the cruise terminal.

Edited by moki'smommy