Shore excursion reservations

bbz

We will be cruising from Auckland to Sydney in March, and we recently reserved a couple of shore excursions on the Celebrity web site, bud didn't pay for them. The next day, when we looked to review what we had reserved, there was no record of us having reserved anything. So we tried again, with the same results. Has this happened to others?:confused:

I do not think you can "reserve" excursions online. I believe you can only purchase them.

While you thought you were "reserving" them you were probably just adding them to a shopping cart so you could pay for them. I think that if you don't check out and pay for them the cart will be emptied when you leave the web site and you'll need to start over if you want to buy them at a later time.

Edited by Lsimon

I'm a little surprised that this would be the case. I don't know of any other sites (Amazon, etc.) that empty shopping carts automatically. Also, when I checked back in, under Managing My Reservations, there was an area where things "Awaiting payment" would be listed, and it indicated that there were no items in the list.

I'm a little surprised that this would be the case. I don't know of any other sites (Amazon, etc.) that empty shopping carts automatically. Also, when I checked back in, under Managing My Reservations, there was an area where things "Awaiting payment" would be listed, and it indicated that there were no items in the list.

We always book our excursions through Celebrity and pay for them at the time we book them. I do not recall seeing an option where Celebrity allows someone to book their excursions and pay for them at a later date.

I talked with Celebrity about booking excursions before final payment and the way they explained it was I could reserve them ahead of time and pay them along with final payment, BUT....

If they are only reserved and not paid for, we risk the chance of losing that reservation if others pay before us.

My suggestion - if it's an excursion you really want, pay at time of reserving the spots.