Cheers Program HELP!!!!

Sunsetters

I know there have been way too many posts regarding this amazing program. I was wondering if anyone has been able to bring a doctors note, that their cabin mate is unable to drink due to illness and been successful in getting it changed to just one person having to buy it. My husband has been ill recently, we ended up having to cancel our upcoming Feb cruise and rebooked for April, he is not able to drink more than a couple a day ( unlike the 15 he would have) soooo we are trying to figure out if it is best for us both to go full on cash drinks or still get the cheers program or if we are able to only purchase one pkg and he pay as he goes for his couple. Way too much to think about..LOL. if this is my only problem in life, I am living well I think!!!! ;)

It does seem a little crazy , especially if your wife is pregnant but regarding getting a Dr's note, do you know how many people could get a Dr's note easily even if there really is NO medical reason, I think that is why Carnival has made the no exceptions rule. I work in the medical field and I know I could easily get a Dr's note for myself or my husband and there are tons more people like me that could do the same, I think Carnival is well aware of this, hence again the rule.

I know how you feel, my husband doesn't drink a drop of liquor, ever , I on the other hand enjoy some drinks , especially on vacation and on a BOAT LOL so I can see the dilema! :(

It does seem a little crazy , especially if your wife is pregnant but regarding getting a Dr's note, do you know how many people could get a Dr's note easily even if there really is NO medical reason, I think that is why Carnival has made the no exceptions rule. I work in the medical field and I know I could easily get a Dr's note for myself or my husband and there are tons more people like me that could do the same, I think Carnival is well aware of this, hence again the rule.

I know how you feel, my husband doesn't drink a drop of liquor, ever , I on the other hand enjoy some drinks , especially on vacation and on a BOAT LOL so I can see the dilema! :(

I am being told by our PVP at Carnival that we can get an exception because I am pregnant. I already have to get a form signed by a doctor to be able to go. A lot of people here are saying they will not give it even for pregnancy and it's not uncommon for PVPs to give out incorrect information. I haven't found one person who said they were given an exception for that. We sail in 3 weeks so we shall see one way or the other.

I doubt it, for one some people might have a good enough relation with their Dr. To get them to write a note regardless. Also just because someone shouldn't drink, does not mean they won't. And if your saying he can have a couple means he can drink.

Our friend sailed with his pregnant wife and she was made to buy it.... She just drank non alcoholic frozen drinks they said they broke even( he can drink a lot) but even with her note they didn't give her an exception but I've heard a few say they have so not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our friend sailed with his pregnant wife and she was made to buy it.... She just drank non alcoholic frozen drinks they said they broke even( he can drink a lot) but even with her note they didn't give her an exception but I've heard a few say they have so not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I won't be surprised if that is the case. Regardless of how people feel about it (not to start a debate) some pregnant women still drink. It wouldn't bother me if they did not accept it as a medical reason, I can understand why. My issue will be the fact we are being told by a Carnival rep it is, then being refused.

I am being told by our PVP at Carnival that we can get an exception because I am pregnant. I already have to get a form signed by a doctor to be able to go. A lot of people here are saying they will not give it even for pregnancy and it's not uncommon for PVPs to give out incorrect information. I haven't found one person who said they were given an exception for that. We sail in 3 weeks so we shall see one way or the other.

There are no exceptions. I've cruised with pregnant friends, recovering alcoholics, and friends with adult cognitively challenged children and no exception was given to any of them.