Oasis Back to Back

zjc

Hey!

Quick question guys looking to book a tour in Ft.Lauderdale with an outside company on my upcoming b2b oasis cruise.

I'm wondering, do we have to wait to do the off and on ship event with the rest of the b2bs or can we leave the ship early and come back on board after our tour without needing to check in again?

I've seen mentions of in transit cards before but I'm wondering how it will work?

Don't want to give the tour company a time until I know it we will be able to get off at any time and still be able to get back on later with ease

Thanks

Zjc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi zjc

We did b2b on oasis in December 2013, you will be invited to a consecutive cruisers meeting on the Thursday of the 1st cruise. They will advise you that you can collect your seapasses and the 'in transit' card from Guest Services on the Friday night.

You will use your seapass for the 1st week to get off the ship and thenn the new seapass for the 2nd week to get back on the ship. When you come back to the terminal you can proceed through the middle of the check in counters after going through security, and go upstairs to scan back onto the ship. At this point they will take your photo again - this only takes about 20 seconds.

You can leave the ship anytime after 6.30am, however, unless they change the procedure (and I have given RCI feedback on this both onboard Oasis and in recent email surveys) it could take you up to an hour to get through the terminal. So I would recommend the earlier you leave the ship the better. Unfortunately there is only one line once you go down the gangway and enter the terminal building. You have to line up with all other passengers who are disembarking because there is not a separate line for 'in transit' passengers. Once you get down stairs in the terminal you can proceed to the customs and border protection queue (avoiding the baggage collection queue). CPB will check your passports and possibly any hand luggage/bags you take with you (not sure why and maybe this won't happen to you!

We disembarked on the changeover day at around 8.30 and it took 1 hour to get downstairs in the terminal and through the CPB line. I did notice that a lot of people were disembarking from 6.30 am, couldn't tell you if it was consistently busy but they did.

As I said I have provided feedback to RCI, because they asked me at Guest Services when I got back on the ship and have sent me email surveys since completing the surveys. I have suggested that they allow 'in transit' passengers to skip the queue (upstairs in the terminal).

If you are forthright enough, you could just try and skip the queue ... I did try that by showing my 'in transit' card but they told me I had to stay in the queue!!!!!

So my advice to you is to allow at least 1 hour to disembark. Sorry about the long reply but it is how it was for us.

Cheers

Hi zjc

We did b2b on oasis in December 2013, you will be invited to a consecutive cruisers meeting on the Thursday of the 1st cruise. They will advise you that you can collect your seapasses and the 'in transit' card from Guest Services on the Friday night.

You will use your seapass for the 1st week to get off the ship and thenn the new seapass for the 2nd week to get back on the ship. When you come back to the terminal you can proceed through the middle of the check in counters after going through security, and go upstairs to scan back onto the ship. At this point they will take your photo again - this only takes about 20 seconds.

You can leave the ship anytime after 6.30am, however, unless they change the procedure (and I have given RCI feedback on this both onboard Oasis and in recent email surveys) it could take you up to an hour to get through the terminal. So I would recommend the earlier you leave the ship the better. Unfortunately there is only one line once you go down the gangway and enter the terminal building. You have to line up with all other passengers who are disembarking because there is not a separate line for 'in transit' passengers. Once you get down stairs in the terminal you can proceed to the customs and border protection queue (avoiding the baggage collection queue). CPB will check your passports and possibly any hand luggage/bags you take with you (not sure why and maybe this won't happen to you!

We disembarked on the changeover day at around 8.30 and it took 1 hour to get downstairs in the terminal and through the CPB line. I did notice that a lot of people were disembarking from 6.30 am, couldn't tell you if it was consistently busy but they did.

As I said I have provided feedback to RCI, because they asked me at Guest Services when I got back on the ship and have sent me email surveys since completing the surveys. I have suggested that they allow 'in transit' passengers to skip the queue (upstairs in the terminal).

If you are forthright enough, you could just try and skip the queue ... I did try that by showing my 'in transit' card but they told me I had to stay in the queue!!!!!

So my advice to you is to allow at least 1 hour to disembark. Sorry about the long reply but it is how it was for us.

Cheers

Excellent comments thanks very much for your advice! I'm wanting to book a tour at around 11am so will try and disembark early at maybe 9.30am just to make sure I get through the queues.

I was concerned about having to queue to get back on the ship with everyone else checking in but that sounds easier than I imagined!

Do you happen to know what the all aboard time is?

Thanks

Zjc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zjc

I just checked the paperwork we were given but it does not advise what time you have to be back on the ship. It does say that if you are self disemarking you have to do so by 10am.

Muster drill was at 4.30pm so I would aim to be back at the terminal by 4pm.