Celebration Concerns

Oh dear, how worried am I? This will be our third cruise on Celebration - after two extremely enjoyable trips I may add. What on earth has happened. What makes it worse, we are travelling with friends on our recommendation who have never cruised before! To say I am panicking would be not be an understatment.

We did notice last summer that there was not as many staff as the previous year, and hence service was slightly slower, but if that has been cut again, I am not sure how enjoyable that will make the holiday.

Have been busy telling them about little touches like the turn down service and the chocolates, yet some have mentioned they did not have that. I am really not bothered about a towel animal, but the turn down is a nice touch. And the Buffet Magnifique - is that not happening any more? Certainly last year's Buffet was very much toned down from the year before, but it still happened (it is still advertised in brochure).

What about charging for seats in theatre, there was none of that in the summer?????:confused::confused::(:(

Oh, the next 4 weeks could be stressful.

I dont think you have to worry about the turndown service...its a cruise staple...I dont think they will stop that

the midnight buffet was stopped because they were having to throw so much of it away...not surprising really...it looked lovely for a photo but no one was eating it….probably because it was made up of squares of their dreaded greasy mousse deserts (that no one likes) and tiny sandwiches with odd fillings (anchovy & melon for instance?)

I’m sure that the stewards will be as hard working as ever, and the crew as cheerful as ever…and celebration is my own favourite ship, it fared a little better (than dream) on the refurb imo…so still lots to like

I dont think you have to worry about the turndown service...its a cruise staple...I dont think they will stop that

the midnight buffet was stopped because they were having to throw so much of it away...not surprising really...it looked lovely for a photo but no one was eating it….probably because it was made up of squares of their dreaded greasy mousse deserts (that no one likes) and tiny sandwiches with odd fillings (anchovy & melon for instance?)

I’m sure that the stewards will be as hard working as ever, and the crew as cheerful as ever…and celebration is my own favourite ship, it fared a little better (than dream) on the refurb imo…so still lots to like

Thanks Geomagot, you know that sinking (no pun intended) when you have recommended something to someone and then you start hearing bad things about it!!!! I have to say, our previous two trips on Celebration were fantastic, and we had absolutely nothing to complain about (well, lack of sunbeds!)

To be fair, those stewards work their butts off and to think that they may have cut their numbers and putting extra pressure on them is awful. It is thanks to many of these people that our holidays are so good, and if anything they should be making things a little easier for them.

Thanks Geomagot, you know that sinking (no pun intended) when you have recommended something to someone and then you start hearing bad things about it!!!! I have to say, our previous two trips on Celebration were fantastic, and we had absolutely nothing to complain about (well, lack of sunbeds!)

To be fair, those stewards work their butts off and to think that they may have cut their numbers and putting extra pressure on them is awful. It is thanks to many of these people that our holidays are so good, and if anything they should be making things a little easier for them.

Don't forget dingadong that your friends are new to cruising - they will probably be blown away by it as they will see so many beautiful places, enjoy the entertainment and company. How many people come back absolutely thrilled with their forst cruise experience? ;)

And let's be honest, whilst we might say there has been a decrease in standards in some respects, it's still very good value for money. The food is good, service excellent, crew wonderful and ambience something very special. No doubt your friends will have similar take on things as you (we tend to have friends who like the same things/have simialr standards) so I'm sure they will appreciate that there is a great deal to enjoy.

They won't have anything to compare it with and unlike us aren't making comparisons 'from before' so aren't going to be picking up things which regulars might. I have to say that the changes smack of cost cutting which is my gripe but on our last trip we still had a great time and the food was most acceptable - just not quite what we've been accustomed to in the past. And hopefully any concerns we've had will have been addressed!

So I wouldn't worry dingadong - go with a positive mind set and I'm sure you and your friends will have a great time. :D

Kruzseeka - you are most definitely the voice of reason!!! Not the first time you have calmed me on here about something I have managed to get myself into a tizzy about!!! I worry and having nothing to worry about!!! LOL

Much appreciated, as is all the other advice that you kindly offer on these pages.

What you say makes perfect sense, and I am sure we will have great time. I know that some folk moan for the sake of moaning, and some of the reviews seems a tad rediculous have been there and done it, it was more about the seasoned Thomson traveller reviews. Now, that is a concern.

Anyway - thanks again!! And breath aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!:)