Shopping: Nassau or Grand Turk?

aam3

We'll be on the Fantasy in March and want to buy some jewelery for our upcoming wedding (bridesmaid gifts, etc.).

Do you think we would be better to shop for it in Nassau or Grand Turk? We've been to Nassau many times and know the type of shops they have there, but this will be our first visit to Grand Turk. Has anybody found the prices to be better in one place over the other?

We were in Provencials last week on a land vacation and there were few stores. There was one nice jewelry store, Jais, it's a chain so check online and see if they have a store in Grand Turk. Perhaps you could go over to Paradise Island from Nassau, they may have the best selection.

The one shop I love in Grand Turk sells nothing but pearl jewelry. The store is at the end of a row of shops- the left end. I always find some there to buy and I'm not a shopper. Last thing was a pearl bracelet that wraps around and around your wrist. Not all pearls are absolutely round so they have necklaces of even flat pearls. For some reason they always take a discount from the price tag.

Otherwise a lot of the shops are t-shirts, souvenir type stores but there are a few nice stores vs. shops. There is a Margaretta "bar", a free form pool with a bridge over part of it and a flow rider. That is surfing on land a lot of fun to watch if you don't do it.

The port is outside of town but Grand Turk is only seven miles long and narrow. You can even rent a golf cart to get into town- its not that far. There are cabs right at the port also.

Also, we LOVE the Fantasy! Of our 9 cruises this past year we were only on her 6 times but in 2012, we were on her 10 of our 13 cruises. Let me know if you have any questions about her. We love her officers & crew.

Edited by Bonnie J.