NCL lost my OBC and wants to keep it for 3 months!

Rowtyd

I charged to my credit card $300 OBC as a wedding gift to be delivered to a guest during their cruise. It never arrived. Post cruise, NCL said call back in 3 days. I did. They then say to call back in 7-10 days while we locate it. I did. Now they say it will be credited back in approx. 60 days? WHAT!? You can take my money in a 1 minute phone call but you can't credit my account for approx. 3 months? WHo is going to pay the interest on that gift that never arrived? Apparently me. Thanks NCL for absolutely nothing!

$300 will generate about $3.28 in interest over 12 months. I can send you a check, but it will cost you $10.00 for the check processing. Add in $25 for insurance and tracking.

Sorry.. just had to do it.

(yea, it sucks it takes them so long to give money back)

I guess we all have to get use to the fact that if your are an OP, somehow it is your fault. You didn't talk to the right person, didn't take the correct docs/receipts or should have ignored the problem and enjoyed your cruise.

I will back up the one comment about having printed docs. Our small OBC and Pre-paid DSC did not show on their computer and it did not matter that I had a print out of the NCL Confirmation letter. Not in their system, it does not exist, call NCL when you return home.

I don't like the long waits for refunds either but it is probably the max allowed by law. This is a business practice that is promoted in several business classes I have taken...get paid quick and pay out slow. For a big company like NCL, the interest adds up. In the future I will not pre-pay anything I do not need to.

NCL admits their error. They plan to issue a refund eventually. They just refuse to return the money in a timely manner.

All you have to do is call your CC company. They will take the charges off while there is a dispute. If you are saying there is no dispute, then there should be no problem. We have had charges against our cards many times, not with NCL but others, the charges are removed immediately. I do think what NCL is doing sucks and I am surprised. It is making no sense.

$300 will generate about $3.28 in interest over 12 months.
The OP said "Who is going to pay the interest? Apparently me." So we're not talking about interest earned on savings (which is peanuts, but it adds up for NCL), but the interest charged on debt. For example, leaving a $300 charge on your credit card for 3 months could generate up to $20 or more in interest. Although somehow I don't really believe that the OP is allowing this to happen…

The OP said "Who is going to pay the interest? Apparently me." So we're not talking about interest earned on savings (which is peanuts, but it adds up for NCL), but the interest charged on debt. For example, leaving a $300 charge on your credit card for 3 months could generate up to $20 or more in interest. Although somehow I don't really believe that the OP is allowing this to happen…

Okay, some clarification here. If the OP does not pay the $300 on their credit card bill, they will get hit with 10-20-30% interest depending on their credit card rate. I made a tongue in cheek comment about $1 in interest, but I was referring to lost interest from savings/checking accounts.

We have had plenty of situations where we were getting a refund or credit back over the years. We ALWAYS still pay the credit card in full, which includes those items. We just get the credit later. Paying interest to credit card companies is nuts!