Bloggers Cruise Info Requested

Greatescapes

As the time is ticking down to the John Heald Bloggers Cruise coming up in a few days I was interested in knowing what to expect? I have never been on one before and am looking forward to meeting John. So... have any of you been on one before and if so what to expect? Thanks

I went on the 4th Bloggers cruise on the Glory and just happen to have, er still have the schedule of events at my computer desk...

You can expect the following:

Welcome aboard party with free drinks

Farewell party with free drinks and this is when the group photo is taken in the big lounge

One bloggers only shore excursion

Q&A sessions

"Hospitality Lounge" time where bloggers can meet in the morning, afternoon, or evening on at least two days, maybe more

Photo session time where bloggers can have their pics taken with John (and buy the pics after)

There will be a slot tournament for bloggers, at least there was on the 4th Bloggers

There will be two tea times

Cigars under the Stars for those who like cigars, and there is food too

They did Superstars Live (live karaeoke)

Liars Club was done, but no bedtime story

Three items you will be guaranteed to get are a lanyard ID'ing you as a Blogger, likely a coupon for a free photo (so you can buy the you with John or group photo), and a shirt with a catchy saying.....We also got a hat, bag, and a photo album.......

Blogger's cruise 5 and 6 did a lot more than the 4th Blogger's as it was only a few months after the Splendor catching on fire, and well, that was a chaotic time for Carnival. The cruise events were planned quickly and there could have been more, but I had a good time and got to met some CC and other forum friends....a truly memorable time was had....

I only wish finances and vacation time were on my side so I could have done BC5 and BC6...sadly, my money tree died and couldn't pluck any money off of it to pay for those cruises......

You will have a great time! John should have more details in the next week at least about what to expect...

The Bloggers cruises are very popular and there are a lot of activities, but not much individual one on one time with John. He is often surrounded by his entourage and it makes it difficult to do much more than shake hands and keep the line moving at the end of the Q&A sessions.

The Bloggers cruises are very popular and there are a lot of activities, but not much individual one on one time with John. He is often surrounded by his entourage and it makes it difficult to do much more than shake hands and keep the line moving at the end of the Q&A sessions.

As a member just curious as to who is entourage is, Would it be his staff or his most loyal cheerleaders. I would be nice to have a few words.

As a member just curious as to who is entourage is, Would it be his staff or his most loyal cheerleaders. I would be nice to have a few words.

Part of them are his staff or at least the people who work all the magic to make things happen and run smoothly. Usually there are a couple of comedians that he's personal friends with in the mix...other cruise directors if they happen to be sailing with us......the group leaders of many of the various organized group cruisers that he maintains personal relationships with. And just loyal past guests who over the years he's gotten to know on a more personal level.

I think Carnival has created some kind of memory pill, or maybe it's just love of the job that gives the crew an astounding memory of past guests even to the detail of their names and where they are from.......John seems particularly gifted in this regard.

Don't get me wrong, John is very friendly and very approachable, but also quite in demand. And when you add 600+ bloggers to the mix all of whom would like to have a few words the logistics to make those few words possible can be disappointing to some.

I think he does a great job under the circumstances to be as visible as he is.

I can see why no blogger's excursion with 688!!!!!

When I went there was around 350-400 people only.

John's Entourage--please do not get me started on that....There are a few that can call him "friend" and many others are just hangers on who do this or that to get noticed...Alas, there will be a few entourage members who are not on the cruise this year. One was booked, but after the initial sailing of the ship he cancelled and won't cruise on that ship...so no funny hats on the BC7......Norm will be missed....

I'd rather go on a sailing where John is the CD....he was to be the CD when I went on the Magic..two months before the sailing it all changed and we got dull, boring James (not James Dunn, he is a riot!) as a CD...Calvyn was more fun than James...

Have fun on BC7

This will be our second cruise so we are excited to be part of BC7! Happy to hear some of what to expect as JH is keeping it under wraps!

It's always very exciting to get on the ship and have the schedule of Bloggers events waiting for us in our cabin...not to mention all the extra goodies we get all week.....John and his team keep us entertained all week.......with plenty of mix and mingle opportunities..........