Carnival Victory - trip review with pictures

CruisinCrow

Our ocean view cabin did not have a refrigerator. I'm not sure about the balcony cabins.

We drove over the morning of the cruise, left at 7 and got to the port right at noon. We're in North Pinellas so the drive should be a little shorter for you. We just parked at the port. It costs $20 a day so it's pricey but convenient. We've done Park N Cruise in Port Canaveral a couple of times but we haven't tried it in Miami.

You could also try Paradise out of Tampa. We did Paradise last summer but I liked Victory better, particularly for the itinerary. It was nice having two port days instead of just one.

I am considering this cruise as well in August, 2014. I have been on alot of ships especially the smaller ones due to the fact that we too take shorter cruises. I have been on Sensation, Paradise, Fantasy, Ecstasy, Destiny and Legend. I'm wondering how you compare this ship to the Paradise. We just got off her MLK weekend and I was actually surprised that we liked her as well as we did. My favorite was the Legend by far, but we also like waterworks. Can you tell me in comparison to the Paradise were you happy, etc. Just trying to decide if I want to go with this ship or the Esctasy again, both leave from Miami. Thanks!!

Edited by afergvip

Thanks for the review, can you give me t he name of the Latin music band from the fun Times, I believe it was Latin Fever when we were on board last year, cruising next week 2/13, thanks.

I love your journal. Read my review of Victory. It was not as nice as yours, but I am happy you had a good time.

Sailed on Victory to celebrate two birthdays. I took my three daughters, so I booked a suite. Two nights before cruise I received a phone call from a very slick salesman who talked me into upgrading for $240.00. Imagine my dismay when I found out that the room was the same as the one I had already booked and paid for. I actually went and looked at my original suite and it was the same !! So I paid $240 for nothing. EXCEPT---the one extra thing I got was MOLD. The bathroom was so dirty, and the floor had not been cleaned in ages. Shower had mold on floor and walls. We had to wear flip-flops to shower. I told our room steward who did nothing. I contacted Carnival three times and was basically told "tough". They refused to do anything about it. I took pictures of the mold and told them I would furnish them to prove my case, but they said they were not going to do anything. Three of us in that room are VIFP travelers--or we were. The suite in 7288. Avoid that room!! I will never cruise with Carnival again. They even missed one of the birthdays!!!

We have done this excursion in the past with 4 in our group. Holy cow this was the most fun excursion in any port we have done! We almost did it again at the last minute, but it was finally warm outside that day so I didn't want to be inside the cooking room.

We didn't get a lot of "warm time" this cruise so I don't blame you for not wanting to waste any of it. :) I was glad we had a little time after the cooking to enjoy the beach.

One reason we booked the tour is because I figured it would be a lot of fun, no matter what the weather turned out to be like. It really was the most fun excursion we've ever done.

I am considering this cruise as well in August, 2014. I have been on alot of ships especially the smaller ones due to the fact that we too take shorter cruises. I have been on Sensation, Paradise, Fantasy, Ecstasy, Destiny and Legend. I'm wondering how you compare this ship to the Paradise. We just got off her MLK weekend and I was actually surprised that we liked her as well as we did. My favorite was the Legend by far, but we also like waterworks. Can you tell me in comparison to the Paradise were you happy, etc. Just trying to decide if I want to go with this ship or the Esctasy again, both leave from Miami. Thanks!!

Paradise was fun. We live only half an hour from the port so that made it really easy and I always like going under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. It was prettier than I was expecting too.

But I liked Victory better than Paradise because of the itinerary - more port time. Also, I am just really tired of Fantasy-class ships. This was our first time on a ship with a staggered pool deck. I thought it made the pools a little odd but on the other hand, there were tons of deck chairs. I wish it had been warm enough to try out the pool slide. :)

Our cabin was larger on Victory. And I liked Victory's two-story dining rooms.

I hope that helps!

Great review! Thank you! We are on the Victory and crusing the same itinerary in 24 days! I was wondering what kind of music they played on the lido deck?? :)

There was a DJ who played "Party Music", no live band. We actually didn't get to spend much time on the Lido except for the sail away party and Sunday afternoon, when they were doing the pool games and showing the football game. But the music I remember was fun and not overly loud. They did all the usual dances, like Cupid Shuffle and the Wobble Dance.

Have a great cruise!

Regarding the fridges: only the suites have fridges. I was in a balcony room back in September, and we did not have a fridge. I brought a cooler totebag in my luggage, and the steward kept it filled up w/ ice for me (we used it for sodas and bottled water).

Thank you. That is what. I had heard. I will bring my own cooler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We're going on the Victory the 24th of this month.

Really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing the photos.

We had read so many mixed reviews on the ship but your 'journal' and positive way of describing your trip puts us at ease that we'll enjoy the ship, ports and sea time as you both did. We have an ocean view on the 2nd floor and looking forward to a larger room than usual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your review, we did this cruise as part of a b2b and I loved it so much I am booked for august with a cruise virgin :D but we are doing the Nassau,Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay itn.

What cabin # were you in?

Those towel creatures must be something new to Carnival. I have only seen them in the rooms not on the chairs outside. Cute idea.

They were there - I believe it was the second sea day - on our Carnival Liberty cruise last week as well.

OP: Nice write-up and photos. Thanks!

Thanks for your review, we did this cruise as part of a b2b and I loved it so much I am booked for august with a cruise virgin :D but we are doing the Nassau,Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay itn.

What cabin # were you in?

We were in cabin 1271.

I absolutely LOVE the Mel Fisher museum...wouldn't have picked it myself, it was one I let my husband decide on...and LOVE LOVE LOVED it! So interesting!

Thanks, we'll have to check it out on our next visit. We just weren't in port long enough.