Ventura Med shore time

crafty sue

Hi

I have just E-Mailed P & O regarding departure times from ports on our Fly Med cruise 26th March - they are very vague on their site stating it leaves afternoon - other cruise sites have it at 1700 or 1500 depending which site you look at.

How can we plan our shore time if they don't give us full information - I think 1500 is very early especially if you fancy a lie in ! well we are on holiday !!;)

I have also asked about leaving the ship in Genona - they dock early our flight booked with them leaves at 14.15pm - I asked if we will be "Dumped" at the airport early or will we be allowed to stay on board for a little extra time, after all the ship is carrying on to do another 7 days for those on the 14 day cruise.

All thoughts on this welcome - I will let you know if I hear back from them and what they say.

Thanks so much Thomo93 that has been really useful - now we can plan our shore time, We have looked at the shore excursions offered by P & O but they don't give start times and we don't do early starts !! so will have to see timings when we are on board.

Just need the airport info now and we are sorted. Not long now !!

I have also asked about leaving the ship in Genona - they dock early our flight booked with them leaves at 14.15pm - I asked if we will be "Dumped" at the airport early.

Our worst dump in both senses was New Orleans - bussed off at 0930 for a flight at 1730. So much for a day in New Orleans.

Given a flight departure of 1415 I would expect you to be at the airport by 1115. Allowing for bussing I suspect you are looking at a bus departure around 1000. Enjoy your breakfast.

thanks PN - that sounds ok doesn't it - if they let us stay on until then - New Orleans sounded a bit of a bummer - what a shame some cruise lines do a trip you can book with pick up at ship with your luggage and final drop off at the airport - which is great for a later flight maybe P & O could do something like that

Hi

Just to let you know Pando replied to my e-mails today.... don't know why they bothered !

Regarding being "Dumped" at the airport hours before our flight this is their reply ;-

Suzanne Craft,

Thank you for your email. We organise our transfers in line with disembarkation of the ship and also the time of your flight. You will recieve information with regards to transfers 2 days before your flight. We also would need to take into consideration the transfer times and local traffic in Genoa. You will be able to stay on board and use our facilities until your airport transfer is ready for you.

And regarding shore time - i,.e. time the ship leaves port this is their answer;--

Suzanne Craft,

Thank you for your email, please click the link below to find out the relevant information in regards to the ship leaving each port.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/time_leave_port

So I went to the link - which is in FAQ and I have looked there before I e-mailed them - and it asked my to click on another link "what time does the ship leave port" - which I did and got this reply

Sorry, there seems to be a problem

The page you are trying to access is no longer available. Please click here to return home.

useless - so thanks to you wonderful people on this forum I got the info I needed - makes you wonder how they manage to run a big company like theirs if they don't know simple things like "what time will the ship leave " !!

Thanks again for the help

regards

Seeing that Ventura sails out of Venice at 20:30 the day we fly in and we are due to land mid morning so should be onboard by midday, what's the chances of us doing a quick turnaround and getting into Venice for a few hours in the afternoon?

We did it, you can walk to Saint Marks square in about 20 minutes at a leisurely stroll.