Silversea Formal Night - 7 Day Cruise

argyllsock

Hi All,

We are sailing on Silversea on 13 March for a seven day cruise and were wondering if anyone knew which night they typically designate as formal night?

Thanks

We've only done four SS voyages, and on all of them I believe the formal night was when we had a sea day.

We're on our first 7-day cruise this coming summer and we don't have any sea days, so I'm not sure which night it'll be on our particular voyage. I'm guessing it'll be the evening prior to a late morning (10:00a) port arrival. But, we have an overnight in one port too, so I'd be interested if some of the more experienced SS crowd here might have a better educated guess than mine.

Enjoy your voyage!

My experience is that it is usually the second night of a 7 day cruise (which is the night of the Captain's Welcome Reception). But although that is the norm, it can sometimes change, based on local circumstances. The chances are that the overnight in port will be a casual night, as guests may choose to eat in port. I doubt that it will not be a formal night.

This is NOT to cause a big fuss...but...for the record, we love formal nights. We also have a March 13 cruise coming up on the Spirit. We have been disappointed twice once onboard to find that large "groups" had somehow managed to have formal nights cancelled. Obviously some extra work is involved in packing for formal nights and you can certainly dress formally regardless. If formal dress is not your thing, you might want your travel agent to check with SS to see if any official changes have been made for your sailing. I will say that everybody was dressed according to the "informal" code that I saw and the usual SS experience was outstanding, but often there are groups on the beachy cruises and this might be one of them. I only say this in case you would prefer not to be surprised. It will still be great fun either way.

Oh, and I forgot to say, WELCOME to the Silversea forum of Cruise Critic argyllsock. Hope you'll join in the conversation as there is a good group of folks here.

Thank you for the welcome! We are looking forward to learning about Silversea and everything we have to look forward to it.

This is NOT to cause a big fuss...but...for the record, we love formal nights. We also have a March 13 cruise coming up on the Spirit. We have been disappointed twice once onboard to find that large "groups" had somehow managed to have formal nights cancelled. Obviously some extra work is involved in packing for formal nights and you can certainly dress formally regardless. If formal dress is not your thing, you might want your travel agent to check with SS to see if any official changes have been made for your sailing. I will say that everybody was dressed according to the "informal" code that I saw and the usual SS experience was outstanding, but often there are groups on the beachy cruises and this might be one of them. I only say this in case you would prefer not to be surprised. It will still be great fun either way.

Hi Fizzy,

We plan on having a great time regardless of what everyone else wears! My wife and I aren't into dressing to the nines on vacation (we wear business formal but not what I would call formal dress). We thought we would try one of the casual dinner venues (Silversea now has online restaurant reservations on their website) on formal night. I know lots of cruisers look forward to dressing up and dining at the MDR on formal night.

This is our first cruise with Silversea. We have tried most of the main lines (Disney, RCL, CCL, Celebrity, NCL) and really want to try a more traditional upscale cruise line. We thought the 7 day FLL to FLL would be a good way to try out Silversea.

Tsavorite has the schedule. It is usually the 2nd night out for the Captain's Welcome. We will also be on the March 13/20 sailings, tux and all. I will recheck the schedule to see if I can find out any additional details.

Duct Tape, are you on the March 13 cruise on the Spirit????

Believe it or not. We really need some warm. I didn't want to fly very far so Ft.L. Fits. I hear things have improved!

Glad to hear you will be aboard. Yes, it is great to fly to a port so close. It has been a very long winter so far.

We had a great trip on the Spirit in December...food was wonderful. The chef was the recently promoted fellow you mentioned...his name escapes me at the moment. Ramon? And what a wonderful surprise that Jorge was in the MDR. Hopefully they are both still there. Paolo should be on board with Garreth at the bar!

Hello All: This is my first time posting on the Silversea board. After many cruises on HAL and Celebrity, I am so looking forward to my May 15 Alaska Silversea cruise (southbound). For those who have done this cruise, any idea about when formal night will occur. The only at sea days are the first (Hubbard Glacier) and last (Inside Passage). I assume formal night will not occur on the last night but have never had one occur on the first night (well, the second, after the embarkation night). Any thoughts? Thanks much.

Also travelling on this cruise but cannot find a 7 day itinerary in terms of dress code for each night. My Silversea now allows pre cruise restaurant bookings but as other members have stated it is important to know which evenings are formal etc as you may want to delay speciality restaurants to another evening. Have contacted Silversea but they have not responded. If we wait until we board chances are several of the reservations we have made blind will need to be rescheduled. Do any cruisers on this cruise have the full daily dress code yet.

See post 7 & 8. There a 1 F, 3 I and 3 Casual. The 1st and last nights are Casual. The Formal night is the 2 Nd night. The others are not known until boarding. Each ship sets the dress code due to events, i.e. BBQ, Venetian, overnights in port, etc. hope this helps.

I did write to Silversea as well and they did respond, albeit rather slowly, regarding formal night on the 03/13/14 cruise:

Thank you for your website inquiry. The second night on board will be the formal night. Of course, this is always subject to change.

We booked Terraza for that night - we are really hoping to snag an outside table while we are at sea.