Don't laugh.. Im being serious

hannahsmomtoo

I think it really depends on what you want out of your cruise. There is nothing wrong with the class of ships, they are pretty and in good shape. However, keep in mind that you won't have the extras that you would on a larger, newer ship. Our favorite by far has been the Glory, it was a great ship and great layout. The only ship I felt ill at ease on was the Triumph, but we were on her not long before the fire.

I have been around ships a fair amount, and, after reading some reviews was a little leery that the ship might be showing her age. Not to worry, there are some signs if you look really hard, but the ship, in all the areas that I saw, was in very good condition. The only obvious sign of its age is a large generator strapped to the top deck between the water-slide entrances. That makes the ship safer though....so :). Enjoy your cruise. We did!

Having sailed on both, most recently on the Fascination, I'd say go and have a great time! We had an aft extended balcony and it was wonderful, as was the crew.

Both ships have a different personality, and we enjoyed them both for what they had to offer.

I have been on the Fantasy (1990) x1 and the Ecstasy (1991) x4 same class as Fascination. By far the Ecstasy is still my favorite ship. The youngest ship I have been on is the Magic and the Ecstasy is still my favorite.

I will always miss Ecstasy. Wish she would come back to Galveston. :(

We just sailed on the Fascination the week of January 25th and she is our favorite ship after 5 cruises with Carnival. Very well maintained and easy to navigate (on board, of course). The crew was awesome, very friendly and helpful.

One thing surprised us though...we were among the youngest people on board and we are mid 50's. There were lots and lots of older folks, which wasn't a problem but it kinda surprised us there weren't more younger people. We always got a great seat at the comedy and entertainment shows...lol.

We met a lot of interesting and laid back folks. We plan on booking the Fascination again in the near future.

Enjoy your cruise!

My last 3 cruises have been on Fantasy Class ships. Love the pricing and NO AIRFARE here in So Cal ! The layout is one of the best in the business, IMHO. They may be the oldest ships in the fleet (the ole workhorses that put Carnival on the map), but I found them well kept up and an excellent example of Farcus at his best.:D

Justmeandeveryoneelse: You were on a gospel jubilee cruise. I know someone that was on that cruise and booked through the gospel jubilee website, but Carnival was selling tickets to the public, as well. They do this once a year. If you didn't have tickets to the gospel concerts, you probably had no idea it was going on. That is probably why the age average was slightly increased :)

Edited by silverpenguin

Not at all! It's great to sail the different classes - they are are somewhat unique with different "personalities".

Just don't go expecting it to have all of the things the Splendor did - the Rotissere for instance.

If she has the rotisserie it will be between the Mongolian Wok and the grill line on the Lido deck outside. At least that's where it's been on the Paradise, Elation, Inspiration and Imagination.

Know that the remodeled bathroom vanity is horrible. One narrow shelf above the sink.

Has an American outlet and probably a British outlet.

If she has the rotisserie it will be between the Mongolian Wok and the grill line on the Lido deck outside. At least that's where it's been on the Paradise, Elation, Inspiration and Imagination.

According to the drydock info posted earlier, she did receive the Rotisserie and the Mongolian Wok (my favorite!) during her prior drydock.

To the OP, set your fears at rest. Ships routinely sail for many decades before being retired. RCCL's oldest ships, Sovereign and Monarch, are still sailing, but for Pullmantur. One of Carnival's old ships is also still sailing, complete with the whale-tail funnel (but not painted in Carnival livery), for another line in the Med.

By cruise ship standards, your ship isn't a baby by any means, but it's not a doddering old man either. :)

Also, the fact that an additional generator has been added up top means that she has been upgraded for safety and convenience reasons after the Triumph fire. You'll be in good hands.

One thing I love about the Fantasy-class ships, aside from more attentive service (for us) in the MDR and a more casual, laid-back feel, is the location of the Serenity area. It's in the back on the fantail, so you don't have hardly any issues with wind and you get a great view of the ship's wake curling away in the distance. It's also convenient to the Lido buffet and there are two outdoor 'wings' overlooking the Serenity deck, with tables and chairs.

On my Imagination cruise, Serenity was my favorite place to relax...and the area didn't close until midnight...as opposed to 9pm (huh? WHY?) on the Liberty and Victory. :o

Edited by Pellaz

According to the drydock info posted earlier, she did receive the Rotisserie and the Mongolian Wok (my favorite!) during her prior drydock.

To the OP, set your fears at rest. Ships routinely sail for many decades before being retired. RCCL's oldest ships, Sovereign and Monarch, are still sailing, but for Pullmantur. One of Carnival's old ships is also still sailing, complete with the whale-tail funnel (but not painted in Carnival livery), for another line in the Med.

By cruise ship standards, your ship isn't a baby by any means, but it's not a doddering old man either. :)

Also, the fact that an additional generator has been added up top means that she has been upgraded for safety and convenience reasons after the Triumph fire. You'll be in good hands.

One thing I love about the Fantasy-class ships, aside from more attentive service (for us) in the MDR and a more casual, laid-back feel, is the location of the Serenity area. It's in the back on the fantail, so you don't have hardly any issues with wind and you get a great view of the ship's wake curling away in the distance. It's also convenient to the Lido buffet and there are two outdoor 'wings' overlooking the Serenity deck, with tables and chairs.

On my Imagination cruise, Serenity was my favorite place to relax...and the area didn't close until midnight...as opposed to 9pm (huh? WHY?) on the Liberty and Victory. :o

Thank you... I think it was the questioning of how long a vessel can sail that had me concerned. I appreciate all the great Info from everyone !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app