Hotel Milano?

vivianmarie244

Has anyone stayed here recently? We are looking for a room for one night pre cruise. Requirements...in Old San Juan, clean, safe location. We only need a place to sleep and store our luggage while we tour the day of embarkation. We won't get to the hotel until about 9 the night before.

We had booked at Hotel Plaza de Armas but the reviews on tripadvisor have lately gone down due to cleanliness. So I canceled and booked a room at the Sheraton Old San Juan. But it is over $300 for one night! Hotel Milano is tempting due to the price.

We are currently staying at the Old San Juan Sheraton & have been extremely happy with it. It is VERY clean and convenient to great good, shopping and nightlife.

We stayed at the Hotel Milano about 9 years ago when we were in PR and were happy with that as well. The o Love you! Reason we didn't return was that it was a bit dated then and on this trip we were planning to be in the hotel a bit more. That being said we walked by Hotel Milano today on our way to a museum and it looked the same from the outside as it did back then. Very well maintained with friendly staff outside.

I don't think I completely answered your question, but hope I helped a bit.

Have a great trip!

Its been a few years for us but we stayed there at the Milano numerous times. It is an older hotel but the staff is great. they have a little restaurant upstairs. it's certainly right in the middle of OSJ! I would think you would feel safe there. it is a bit noisy at night from the traffic but overall a quaint little place to stay!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with the above posts. Stayed there on my last southern Caribbean during the San Sebastian festival 2013. Within walking distance from the port (we discovered as cabs weren't going into town during the festival:) )

Thought it was a perfectly acceptable hotel, clean and decent. Let us leave our luggage until check in. Great place to eat across the street I'm going to look up on our trip this year. Just a counter service sandwich/coffee;drinks etc but it was excellent.

Great location. Perfectly fine overnight if not fancy.

Edited by dolfndreams