Live from Quest Sea of Cortez cruise

mare s.

I was on this trip too.

I thought the best stop we had was Loreto, it was lovely.

I didn't to the Copper Canyon train ride but several in my group did.

They were not happy with it.

Said it was a very very long ride for a very short stop.

Said they stayed for an hour, and 30 mins was spent eating.

They felt for the price it wasn't worth it.

Said if they had paid $300 it would have been amazing!

I liked the Azamazing evening but it was a lot like a cattle call.

People were complaining from the start...

I too enjoyed only the fire dancing and the fireworks were excellent.

The trouble we had with the venue was the set up.

the tables were only set to seat 5

The other issue was that really only the middle rows saw the actual show.

we were off to the side, and missed many of the details.

The Captain was lovely, I adore him.

Mare, you were spot on with this review.

I'm sorry we didn't meet on this trip!

I think we would have gotten along swimmingly!!

Chass

My complete review of the Sea of Cortez cruise has been published.

Here's the link:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=250040

Mare, it sounds like you had every bit as much fun on the Quest as we did! I liked your entire review especially this paragraph:

Now a few things about the Quest. The new captain, Jose, is incredible. So personable and seemed to be everywhere at once! His noon time comments were fun and he even rescued one of the passengers on a snorkeling excursion. We heard that the water was cold and there was a strong current and the gentleman was having some difficulty swimming back to the boat...so Capt. Jose, who had gone on the excursion, swam over and helped the passenger back. We very much hope to cruise with this captain again...he was the best! All the rest of the staff were wonderful, as usual. Russ was his usual exuberant self and Phillip, the hotel director, as always friendly and helpful. Max Difaz, the pianist, was in great form and we enjoyed getting to know him a little better on this cruise. We were very lucky to find the perfect waiters in Discoveries on our first night and we made sure we ate with them every night after that (except for the White Night and one night in Aqualina)...kudos to Robert and Newman...charming, fun, and very attentive. On our night in Aqualina (the food was every bit as good as we remembered) we asked to be seated in John's station...we had met him on our first Quest cruise and he is terrific. My only "complaint" was that he kept bring us extra food...he wanted us to try everything...we were completely over stuffed by the time the dinner was finished.

The Quest is gifted with such an incredible crew from the captain on down. Down to the man (and woman) they're so personable and welcoming. They made our cruise the best...true what they say Quest is best!! ;)

We have the cabin next to the one you had when we're on the Journey in September so I'm glad you gave it good marks.

I enjoyed your review, Mare. Thank you for taking your time to post it. I'm really hoping our Azamazing evenings are better for our Med cruise.

As far as the entertainment, we saw only a couple of shows on Azamara and they were not bad. Seemed we had more fun chatting with people we had met on our cruise, before going to bed. Also, no sea days and a port intensive cruise so the shows were not a huge draw for us.