Carnival Splendor out of NYC 1/20/14

Mira28

I wrote a review of my recent cruise on the Splendor (1/20/14-1/28/14) for the Member's Reviews section on this site, but it has not yet been posted. Here is a brief version.

First, I want to thank Linda and Rich for their company at dinner in the Gold Pearl dining room. As a woman traveling alone, (and on my first cruise), dining with others could have been a challenge. Instead it was fun and relaxing. I especially want to thank Linda for treating us to dinner at Pinnacles Steakhouse. Great food, wine and conversation!

I loved my trip on the Splendor. Beautiful ship, friendly, attentive service, good food and great entertainment. My inside cabin was quite clean and very cozy, and my room steward John, was wonderful, always making me feel at home. I enjoyed all the bars and lounges, especially the piano bar, and sea day jazz/big band performances by the excellent Splendor show band in the Robusto lounge.

What I loved the most was the friendliness of the staff and the general welcoming atmosphere on the ship. it seemed as if everyone was working to ensure guests had a great time. In addition, I found many places on outside decks to relax, read and just enjoy the sun and sea. Even in January!

Simply put, I was sad when my trip came to an end, and will always remember the Splendor and my first cruise.

I am so glad you had a great first cruise as a solo...now either alone or with..you will be ready to go without worries...and if the table is not as right the next time...just move.

Once in my late 20's I got all 70/80 year olds and the move was just needed..it was not easy but..they were pretty nice to me too later on in cruise!! Now as I age i will return the favor!!

glad to hear you had a good time aboard the splendor!

we were on the 1/4 cruise and i'm still working to pull things together for a review.

i agree with your comment about the piano bar - that was my home from 9.30 open until close every night with the incomparable tonya scott. check out her facebook page she's been posting videos of the past few cruises (and so have i lol). she seems to be one of the few things that are getting universally positive reviews from the recent cruises. she's something special :)