Ultimate Dining

larryvel

Mine is 14 day and still $199.. so still thinking about it.

It's a really great option/add on.. but not a necessity.. as I won't starve and will still enjoy the cruise especially the destination is Alaska, even if I didn't get the package.

The fact the those who went on an Alaska cruise is more after the destination, the environment, the scenery, the wildlife, more than the ship..which makes this harder to decide as of the moment.

If my destination is a 14 day Caribbean instead, then I would grab this package without any second thoughts.

No! However this maybe different if your in a suite.

Just got a reply from my CC at Norwegian. "Guests staying in the Haven and Suites with a butler will not be subject to any extra charge for delivery."

Yes yes and yes:):) . It appears that butler service is not room service! (room service is excluded in the FAQ)

I am sooo looking forward to this cruise. Not sure what is happening with prices - got quoted usd$259 each and just booked at aud$239.39 each and since aud$1 = usd$.87 I booked while I could!

You are GUARENTEED a place to eat at a specialty restaurant every night.

Which restaurant & at what time is completely random ... and I have to check with each location to find out what's open? Riight?

For our 11 night cruise it's $199 pp I'm not sure it's worth it.

Just got a reply from my CC at Norwegian. "Guests staying in the Haven and Suites with a butler will not be subject to any extra charge for delivery."

Yes yes and yes:):) . It appears that butler service is not room service! (room service is excluded in the FAQ)

If that is true then I'll definitely get the package on my upcoming cruise. I would like to hear if someone has actual experience with this and was able to do it. I can always ask my butler on the first day, I guess.

Does any know if it includes the upcharge items on the menus?

(I would assume no...?)

There are conflicting first-hand reports - a couple people have said yes, a couple no. If NCL honors the stipulation in their own FAQs, the answer should be yes (from NCL's UDP FAQs):

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package.