La Terrazza for Dinner - is dining outside possible?

spuds

Hello,

We will be taking our first Silverseas cruise this May (departing Rome and sailing around Sicily and Malta). I have been looking around the new 'My Silverseas' site and have booked one of the evenings for dinner at La Terrazza. I was just wondering, if weather permitting, do they have any tables outside for dinner? If yes, I would assume I would request this in the Special Comments/Requests section of the booking?

Appreciate your feedback.

Yes, outdoor dining is possible, as long as the weather is ok. One of the most wonderful experiences of our first cruise was dinner outdoors at La Terrazza as we cruised from St Tropez to Portofino at the end of May 2011 admiring a beautiful sunset and the twinkling lights of the Cote d'Azur.

I haven't used My Silversea, but if you can now make dinner reservations online I'd agree that you could add a comment there. I'd also have a word with the Maitre d' when you board.

Since seating is 1st come, 1st served, I suggest you show up when it opens. When there is outdoor seating, it fills quickly. If you think the weather is good enough to dine outside and it isn't happening, it is very helpful to mention it to the HD...frequently! Have a great trip.

Thanks for your feedback!

We sure do hope the weather will be nice enough to dine outside. I have put my comment in the special requests area of the reservation. It could not get much better then dining outside while cruising in the Mediterranean.

We are really looking forward to our 1st Silverseas experience.

Thanks again!

We have had mixed success with dining outside. Sometimes "Certainly. No problem". Other times. "Sorry, not possible, the kitchen cannot cope with that" (?). It seems to depend on the Maitre d'.

Thanks Everyone!

I have my reservations made! The 2nd night of the cruise which I am hoping is the formal night... we are going to be in Italy for 3 weeks (2 week land and 1 week cruise) and do not want to have to pack formal attire for the one evening. The 2nd night is when we are overnighting in Sorrento - thought this would be a good night as we will be docked and hopefully the weather will be good and seas calm and we will have a enjoyable dinner outdoors overlooking the lights of Sorrento. We have been to Sorrento before so I do not think we will stay in town for dinner.

We are so looking forward to our trip!

• 2 weeks later...

We have dined outside on the Cloud and it's lovely. I can't remember if the Spirit does outdoor evening dining at La Terrazza. Not sure what ship you are on.

Anyway, we found a wonderful informal semi-outdoor restaurant in Sorrento last September called Inn Bufalito. Had a fabulous lunch there. Food was excellent and it was very reasonably priced.

We are sailing the on the Spirit and hoping the outdoor dining will be possible on at least on of our evenings.

Thanks to Village.ins and Herman the Cat for your restaurant recommendations in Sorrento. I have looked them both up on the internet and they both look very good!

We are sailing the on the Spirit and hoping the outdoor dining will be possible on at least on of our evenings.

When I posted earlier I don't think I mentioned that the ship I was referring to was the Spirit.

Spirit is the only SS ship we've sailed on.

We've eaten outside at La Terrazza many times.

We were on Spirit in the Caribbean two years ago at Christmas, and on two evenings we weren't able to dine outside. It was plenty warm enough but the wind was too strong.

If the weather is cooperative, the outdoor tables will be in use. However, securing one can be a challenge.