Family of 4- Own table at early seating?

Hommiette

Hi, we are a family of 4 two kids, 7 & 2. I'm just wondering if they typically seat families of four on their own table. I love meeting new ppl,but with the amount of attention our 2 yr old needs at dinner, I am wondering if I need to contact someone to make sure we get our own table. Won't be devastated if we can't but it would make dinner a lot more relaxing.

Hi, we are a family of 4 two kids, 7 & 2. I'm just wondering if they typically seat families of four on their own table. I love meeting new ppl,but with the amount of attention our 2 yr old needs at dinner, I am wondering if I need to contact someone to make sure we get our own table. Won't be devastated if we can't but it would make dinner a lot more relaxing.

Did you request a table for 4? If not see the matre d when you board.

We are a family of 4 and we have always been placed at a 10 or 12 person table. Last cruise I wanted our own table and requested one when the maitre d opened on day one. We get to the dining room and they seat us at a big table. I mention to the assistant maitre d that I had requested a 4 top with the maitre d and he says he is sorry, but he knows nothing about that. We really liked everyone at the table and were happy we had not been placed at a private table.

The next day they accommodate my request and now everyone at the table we met the night before thinks I asked to be moved because I had a problem with someone at the table and I had to explain it to each of them when asked. They also did not like the new table mates who had moved there, so I felt I had made a big mess.

The maitre d will open shortly after boarding on embarkation day for such requests though if you want to give it a try. Maybe it will go much better for you. You can also email the maitre d on the boat before you sail, but that appears to have done me no good.

The next day they accommodate my request and now everyone at the table we met the night before thinks I asked to be moved because I had a problem with someone at the table and I had to explain it to each of them when asked. They also did not like the new table mates who had moved there, so I felt I had made a big mess.

The few instances where we had requested a change at embark we informed our tablemates that we were changing tables and the reason why.

We have only moved twice. Once we had a table for two in the back next to the water stand and didn't like it so we got moved to a large table and had a great time. Our last cruise, we were stuck with a god aweful family and during the middle of dinner the first night, I went to the matre de and asked to be moved. I did not tell the folks we were sitting with why we moved. If the matre de can make it happen, they will but the earlier you request it, the better chance you have of getting your wish.

Edited by Out to sea!

I have emailed the maitre d requesting a specific table size. He emailed back the same day and gave me two options.

You can also go to Facebook and ask John Heald within 4 days of your sailing.

How would I find the email for the maitre d on the Valor is?

We took our 16 and 19 year olds on one cruise with us and had early dining and without asking we had a table for 4. It was really nice to have that special time at the end of each day to talk about what everyone had done since we didn't spend all of our time together.

We are a family of 4, but our kids are older. Now 16 & 22. Our first cruise a couple of years ago, we sat at a 10-top and was fun. Last summer, we were seated at our own 4-top. At first, we were disappointed, but then decided it was ok. We got our food faster, didn't have to wait on others to move on to the next course and could leave faster if we wanted to make it to a show, etc.

We tend to go our separate ways during the day and it was nice to visit at dinner, talk about our day and what we would be doing the next.