Does anyone know what happens to entertaining team when the ship is chartered?

maritimer2

The Silhouette is currently being chartered for the Atlantis Gay and Lesbian group from Feb 2-9. I believe they bring on there own entertainers and do not use celebrities staff. Does anyone know what happens to the dancers and entertainment during the week they are not needed? Are they all on holidays? They would be well rested for our cruise next week if that's the case:rolleyes:

just wondering.....

Do you mean the production cast? It is entirely possible that the production shows will go on as usual, even with the charter. The group chartering the ship will probably bring its own entertainers for the other nights, in place of the usual comedian, juggler, etc, the "guest entertainers".

The production cast would probably not leave the ship. They may use the time for extra rehearsals. It's an interesting question, and I hope you get to ask some of them how they spent their week when you see them.

Do you mean the production cast? It is entirely possible that the production shows will go on as usual, even with the charter. The group chartering the ship will probably bring its own entertainers for the other nights, in place of the usual comedian, juggler, etc, the "guest entertainers".

The production cast would probably not leave the ship. They may use the time for extra rehearsals. It's an interesting question, and I hope you get to ask some of them how they spent their week when you see them.

I will ask them what they did when I see them next week and report back. Just curious how it all works. We would have been on her this week but she was busy.....:)

Edited by maritimer2

• 3 months later...

We were just on the Century charter, and a lot of the entertainment/shows were the regular ones, so the entertainers were still working. There were additional shows that were brought on as well. The regular cruise director worked that week as well, but in a smaller role than usual as the takeover company brought on their own CD type characters.

Om the charters I have been on (including one with Atlantis) the charter company adds shows but some (not all) of the regular shows are also run. Activity staff also keeps working, they just have charter company staff also assist.

Most of the production staff also have other jobs which can include helping with embarkation/debarkation and of course emergency drills (or real-life emergencies). So even if a charter didn't want any of the normally scheduled shows, the cast would have their other responsibilities.