Dissapearing Passengers ?????

DONDONMA

First I want to say that I am not worried about being kidnapped on a cruise but with all the recent news about people jumping overboard or disappearing off the cruise ships I have to ask this question.

Have there ever been any reports of any children mysteriously vanishing from the kids camp????

My twin girls are 12 although they are very tall and look 15. I was planning on having them participate in the kids camp when we cruise on the Celebration at the end of August. My husband is absolutlely against it because of everything he's heard on the news and read here in these threads. He says he will not let them out of his sight for one minute.

I just wanted to ask as I am trying to calm his fears about this subject.

dondonma

Your children are very safe with Camp Carnival Staff,

Your children will need and want the interaction of others their age.

I have never heard of any instances regarding children disappearing or vanishing or kidnapped on a cruise.

Of course you don't let them out of your sight when they are not in Camp Carnival. Becasue after all you are still travelling with 2700 strangers.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry

:)

First I want to say that I am not worried about being kidnapped on a cruise but with all the recent news about people jumping overboard or disappearing off the cruise ships I have to ask this question.

I've not read a report of anyone vanishing. Anyone else?:confused:

I have to say mc'smom and I sure agree alot...LOL. Are you sure you aren't a Canadian Hoosier...LOL...

Your children are very safe with Camp Carnival Staff' date=' Your children will need and want the interaction of others their age. I have never heard of any instances regarding children disappearing or vanishing or kidnapped on a cruise. Of course you don't let them out of your sight when they are not in Camp Carnival. Because after all you are still travelling with 2700 strangers. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry

:)[/quote']

Never heard of ANY PROBLEMS with Kids!!!!! I let mine go and play Camp Carnival is SAFE!!!!!! Let them be and relax it is not like you are in a city. Everyone here on the ship has paid great money to go.. Security is watching Kids especially!!!! Law suits would be outragious!!!!! This is why it is a fun ship there safe!!!

Never heard of ANY PROBLEMS with Kids!!!!! I let mine go and play Camp Carnival is SAFE!!!!!! Let them be and relax it is not like you are in a city. Everyone here on the ship has paid great money to go.. Security is watching Kids especially!!!! Law suits would be outragious!!!!! This is why it is a fun ship there safe!!!

ahh....a cruise ship IS just like a small city.

Thanks for all the comments..............I am feeling more and more comfortable about the kids camp....

I found another thread that has some great tips for setting rules and guidlines for our children...."Rules for kids" It was started back in April but has had some recent activity which brought it up to the current threads.

Thanks again,

dondonma

Camp Carnival is sooooooooooooo strict about letting your kids out. A family we met and sailed with last year found out the hard way, Mom took their daughter to Camp in the morning and Dad went to get her out in the afternoon ............... NO WAY...........only the person that checks them in can check them out. The Dad had to start hunting the ship for the mom so their daughter could have lunch with the family...........it was actually quite nice to know they are that strict.

My children have cruised 3 times with us since one was 2 and the other was 8, we have NEVER EVER had any problems.... The only time something can happen is if they are NOT in camp and they do as they please, but then again, I wouldn't worry to much. I always tell my kids NOT TO EVER roam the halls where the rooms are at (someone can snatch them into a room)... I tell them that IF they are in a situation that they are alone, to stay in public areas (to clarify, my kids are NEVER left alone, that's why I said IF they are in a situation where they are alone)..... Anyhow, I would not worry (what parent doesn't worry). Also, I take walkie talkies with us, they work almost throughout the ship and are great when you need to check up on them.

ahh....a cruise ship IS just like a small city.
Well you know what I mean no allys with homeless folks, no strip clubs and adult book stores, no degenerates roaming the streets,, well maybe a couple in the halls but thats late at night ..hehehehe

I'm not so sure about that..... :) No wait, we were trying to convince DONDONMA that her children would be safe. Sorry DONDONMA ignore me, I was just kidding around. I've never heard a single comment about problems with security and Camp Carnival.
Some things we do take with toung in cheek dondonma!!!!! Serious pirateover40 won't be on your cruise!!!!LOL

This is for us adults

From the not missing but mislaid department: Monday CND ran an article about a Fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the Coast Guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.

I guess I am the only one with a "bad" experience and I am sure this doesn't happen very often. This was many years ago when my girls were 4 & 2 (they are teenagers now). We dropped them off at the evening camp while we went to the captains cocktail party. The camp was having their own party in the disco. We spent a few hours socializing, going to a show, etc. and when we went to get the kids we found them walking around on deck. I freaked out since they could have fallen overboard and not even been noticed. We went to the disco where the camp was and questioned those in charge. They hadn't even known they were gone. They explained it as they must have walked out with someone else's parents. I shudder even now when I think about my kids wandering on deck by themselves.

They have gotten alot more stricter than then... I wouldn't worry about, perhaps your experience has helped then tighten up there act. Your girls are teens now, no need to shudder in regards to camp, you now have to worry about the boys!

Guest Time2gocruzn

I wouldn't worry at all. Hell...I could barely get my own kids out of Camp Carnival they are so strict, lol:D . When I would come to get them they would ask every time to see my s&s card, even though they knew who I was. I know they knew who I was because when I walked up to the gate/door they would call my sons name and say "your mom's here" but he was not allowed out of the gate until I showed S&S card and signed him out. He was 4 then. Not sure about the security routine with older kids though. I think if they are over a certain age they can sign themselves out...you may want to check on that.

Do not worry...your DH will see how great they are. I am very paranoid about leaving my kids with ANYONE and I was so impressed with the club and their security, I had no worries at all...well I was worried my DS might give em a run for their $$...but other than that no worries:D :)

Archived