Closets,drawers, and beds on the Sun?

Susie51

We are being frugal on this 5-night Pacific coast cruise. There will be four ladies sharing an inside cabin on this cruise. We have three generations and grandma is taking us. Grandma(82), mom and sister(50+), daughter(29).

How much closet and drawer space is there? We are prepared to be crammed into the cabin. My sister and I cruised June 12, 2005 on Disney Wonder. We had her two grandchildren with us in a cat. 10 inside cabin.

There was an abundance of closet and drawer space. We even managed to put a crib in the room. How does the NCL Sun compare to the Wonder?

Also, the beds on the Wonder were very narrow and low. Our 28" luggage did not fit under the bed unless we lifted it, so the luggage could clear the frame. The mattresses and down pillows were great. How do the beds on the Sun compare?

In 2000, we cruised on NCL Sky. The beds were narrow and had very thin mattresses. Has NCL improved their mattresses. In addition, the beds on the Sky weren't sturdy.

This will be my fourth time on NCL. Each ship was so different from one another. No matter what the cabin was like on the 12 cruises I have sailed, I always had a wonderful time. Reading the list below, you can tell, I'm accustomed to inside cabins. Thank you for letting me know about the Sun.

1993 NCL Southward, outside; 3-night, Baja

1997 NCL Crown, inside: 12-night British Isles

1998 RCCL Rhapsody, outside; 7-night Alaska

1998 RCCL Song of America inside; 7-night, Mexican Riveria

1999 RCCL Granduer, inside: 7-night E. Carib.

2000 RCCL Vision, inside; 10-night Panama Canal

2000 NCL Sky, inside; 5-night Pacific coast

2001 Celebrity Infinity, outside; 11-night Hawaii

2001 Grand Princess, inside; 7-night, W. Carib.

2002 RCCL Vision; outside; 7-night Alaska

2004 HAL Maasdam, outside; 7-night Canada/New England

2005 Disney Wonder, inside: 4-night Bahamas

You may want to double check and post which cabin # or category you're in. The Sun has a range of inside cabin sizes from regular, which run about 147 sq. ft., to deluxe, which look like they're about 180, to superior, which are listed at 191.

We peaked inside a superior one -- it was huge, and looked like it would have adequate storage space, but don't know what the other ones looked like. We stayed in a BA balcony cabin, due to a lucky upgrade, and it worked fine for 4 people. On the balcony cabin, there was plenty of room under the beds for luggage storage, but we did find it a little bit lacking in closet and drawer space. We made due, but it took some kind of creative arranging.

We found the main bed, which I'm assuming was 2 twins put together, to be extremely comfortable. In the balcony cabins, the additional bed was more of a futon type bed, which was quite firm, but worked fine for my kids.

Have a great time -- we loved the Sun and plan on sailing her again as soon as possible.

Archived